4100 king

Mizmary

We have had it a week. It has only sunk in yesterday that's its really ours. Some pics.... Good and bad. ;-PImageUploadedByTapatalk1369802251.377374.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369802267.684685.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369802280.495361.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369802289.377252.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369802298.548071.jpg

We full time with two littles. Having the extra space is wonderful!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, great looking coach! Welcome to the Heartland family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizmary

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome!! Moving from our 32' (sob) toy hauler into this was like moving from a hotel into a mansion!! We are happy to be Heartland owners!

Congratulations! We have one also - same kitchen layout etc... Question, how did you set up your dishes, glasses etc...did you add shelves in the cabinet next to fridge? I am not comfortable yet with my set up. Need ideas. Thanks and congratulations!

Cheryl & Bill Smith
Delray Beach, FL
2013 Cyclone 4100 King

Mizmary

Congratulations! We have one also - same kitchen layout etc... Question, how did you set up your dishes, glasses etc...did you add shelves in the cabinet next to fridge? I am not comfortable yet with my set up. Need ideas. Thanks and congratulations!

Cheryl & Bill Smith
Delray Beach, FL
2013 Cyclone 4100 King

I use the cabinets to the left of the fridge for pantry items. I use locker shelves (cheap wire ones from target) in the back to add space without adding too much weight. (I am not a fan of narrow and deep cabinets, but it will work for now). I put cereal boxes and easily moved and often used Things in front/on top and less used things in the back. I also keep spices and stuff like that all together in a Rubbermaid container for easier access and less mess/falling. Honestly, it still needs work.

Under the fridge is our "junk" drawer with random office supplies, manuals, batteries, etc. under the stove is for pots and pans and large Tupperware, above the microwave is smaller Tupperware and lids. (I'm not a fan of this cabinet because it won't stay open - it's going on the honey-do list) we use the microwave for storing paper plates. The cabinets at the end get coffee mugs and my Pyrex bowls in the open shelf (they go in the sink wrapped in dish towels for travel).

Next shelf up is drinking glasses, mostly plastic and travel mugs. Next shelf up is plates and bowls. (I bought new smaller square plates by Corelle at Walmart since the round ones wouldn't fit.) top shelf is rarely used glasses and travel cups, etc.

My crock pot, toaster and blender all go in the cabinet on the opposite side of the counter.

Cutting boards. Cookie sheets, and collapsible dish drainer go next to the oven in the narrow cabinet. And I store baking pans in the oven.

I'm not happy with the pantry set up yet. But I am working on it. The rest I'm pretty okay with.

How do you have yours set up? Maybe I can get some ideas. I tried to add a pic of the shelf but it wouldn't let me.

Wow, Thanks for the ideas!
My can goods, spices etc are in the cabinet on the wall cabinet. Foil, zip locks, BBQ utensils etc under the refrigerator. My coffee pot / coffee is in lower cabinet on island next to stairs. I also have Corelle plates but round - and I have them with bowls in the cabinet next to fridge along with the paper plates. (But now I think I will change that - after hearing what you did) All our manuals are above the TV in the cabinet. Thanks for the help! I guess - you just need to play with it and figure what works for you! Enjoy it! We are! Taking our big trip this summer to South Dakota with the grand children. Have FUN!

oscar

I'll join:

Pantry: Wire shelves. Cans, dry goods, glass bottles (using the dry good boxes as rattle protection). Water bottles in the bottom cabinet together with kitchen towels and miscellaneous. Above the microwave are the ceramic plates and bowls with foam protection in between. (Yes it needs something to hold it open. Working on it). Next to oven is the vacuum hose, and the shopping bags full of shopping bags. Large happy hour platters in oven. Tall end cabinet has (shot) glasses in bottom open compartment, more glasses, spices, mugs, tupperware etc etc in upper compartments. Under sink is cutting boards, espresso/coffee maker, cleaning supplies. We got a 13g brown trash can which lives under the tall end cabinet.

I have had two weeks worth of travel in this galley and must say the "flow" is most pleasant.

Mizmary

Let us know if you come up with a pod way to hold it open. :)

I like the idea of the vac stuff next to the oven.

I wish the bottom stair right next to the central vac had storage in it for the vac stuff. That would be even better.

Our sales guy told us there was no dustpan option. But I figured out today that if you pull vertically on the whole thing it lifts up and sucks in that way. Maybe I'm a goof for listening to the sales guy - but it was a nice oops this morning as I was cleaning.

oscar

I wish the bottom stair right next to the central vac had storage in it for the vac stuff. That would be even better.

I've been wondering if there was anything in there..... Now you've got me thinking about a drawer.....or a hinged step that lifts up.....hmmmmmmmm.

porthole

Retired
My steps have a large opening behind them that would be perfect for drawers.
The the fronts are curved and there is no overhang from the tread.

Still on the list of things to do.

oscar

I now think cutting a square back lift up lid in one of the treads would be the easiest way in.... Will have to peek under there soon.