New Big Country 3300RL

hankie419

Hello All. Finally, after a year and a half, we have sold our house in Duncanville, Texs. We then took delivery of our new 2008 Big Country 3300RL on Oct 19. We are now on our shakedown cruise to Galveston Island State Park & Kemah, near Houston.

We have been mostly pleased so far, but felt I should mention that the first 30 mile drive we took with clothes hanging in the front closet, we experienced a closet rod failure. It was not an overly heavy load, but the support hooks with wood screws into the shelf above ripped out and the rod bent & pulled out of it's sockets. So be aware. I fixed it with a regular telescoping closet rod from Lowe's, and remounted the under shelf hooks with bolts and washers through the shelf above. So far so good.

Anyway, so far our punch list isn't too long. the major item is a hairline crack in lavatory sink.

Loking forward to fulltiming in Texas & spending more time at the house in Colorado.

awesome. we are getting ready to order a 2950rk big country in the next 30days. hope to see more post on your shake down trip.
we also have the same truck. how is it handling you5r.jim

hankie419

Good deal! I hope you'll be pleased with it.

The truck seems to be a good match for the 3300. It's the 4 speed automatic and I think the 3.97 rearend. It has no trouble doing 60 - 65. I don't usualy use the cruise control because I can control the down shifting better. I put an S&B performance air filter on it and driving from Corsicana to Houston I got 12.7 mpg acording to the computer.

Happy rving