Questions about Sony DAV TZ140 surround sound system

GlenStMary

We took delivery of our new 2013 Landmark a couple of weeks ago and are ironing out some small details. We recently noticed the Sony DAV TZ140 system does not have a remote with which to program or operate the unit. I went online and researched the model on Sony's site and found the unit ships with a remote and a sub-woofer. I didn't get a remote for this with the coach and have yet to hear or find a sub-woofer although it seems to be wired in. My questions are... do others have a remote for this unit and do others have a sub-woofer installed or is this one of those things not deemed necessary by the dealer?

jbeletti

Your TV should come with a remote. Check the blue bag that all the manuals are in. That's where the remotes usually are. If yours is not in there, call your dealer this morning about this so they can search for it and/or obtain a replacement for you.

In terms of the sub-woofer, Heartland usually installs a subwoofer in the Landmark product. If you have a fireplace, the subwoofer is likely mounted behind it.

jbeletti

And I forgot - Welcome to the Heartland Owners Family and the Heartland Owners Forum. Enjoy your coach and happy RVing.

GlenStMary

Thanks Jim,
I will call the dealer this morning about the remote. The blue bag was full of literature but the remotes for all of the tv's and such were scattered in several drawers. I also cranked up a CD this morning and sure enough, the sub-woofer is behind the fireplace. Whodathunk it! Thanks for the quick reply. This owners forum is extremely helpful.