TV and sound system

hankie419

I'm just curious. Is there a way to play the TV sound through the DVD/Radio sound system? I've had this 3300rl for about three weeks now & I've noticed that there appears to be an output on the TV & an input on the DVD/ Radio, but they aren't conected.

Just wondering

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
In our Landmark we can play the TV through the surround sound system by using a cable with RCA jacks on each end hooked to the audio out from the television to an audio input on the surround sound system but the volume is very low, I have to have the volume all the way up on the surround sound when playing the TV.

Don

Jimmyt5

You need to run a set of RCA cables from the output on TV to the input on DVD. Then turn the dvd to AUX and it should play in your sound system.

Jim

SmokeyBare

Hank,

I used the RCA connections to feed the sound from the LCD TV we have into the Coby DVD/Surround System. This is the only way that the DVD Player will work... by being connected with a Video feed as well as Right and Left Speaker leads.

Because of a fair size collection of VCR tapes... I also figured out a way to connect a VCR Player to the TV... using again the RCA connections. Where I had problems was connecting two Video feeds into one connection on the rear of the TV.

I was able to find a splitter connection... taking the two Video RCA connections, one from the Coby DVD, the other from the VCR Player, behind the TV I plugged in this splitter into the "S-Video" connection.

You should only need the three cable RCA extension cord to take the Sound and Video from the Coby DVD/Surround Sound System to the back of your TV. They are color coded so just plug in the correct colors into the proper ports on the TV. Magic !!

hankie419

Thanks every one for your input. I suspected that I would have to do some patching. It looks like it's going to be a pain to get to the back of the tv. I wonder why they don't just do this at the factory. :confused:

cmart

Hankie thanks for asking that question. I've been very curious as to that but didn't want to sound to ignorant. This is why we have a forum, and apparently its working.