Fan-tastic vent with rain sensor

rogerfish

When I turn the wall thermostat to a temp that will activate the fan and open the vent and start the fan, the motor starts opening the vent, then stops and closes the vent. I changed out the vent motor and the new motor does the same. I checked my wall thermostat and the contacts stay engaged. Any suggestion?

oldmannj

Could the rain sensor be wet or dirty? Just a thought, I've heard of people in here who had to clean them. ED.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I had a similar issue but the vent only opened a slight amount. Turned out the cover was sticking to the seal causing the motor to reverse when it met resistance. I lubed the seal and no more problem.
Check the hinge and linkage on yours to make sure there's no binds.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing to do is pop the cover off the thermostat and with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, clean the contacts.
A little canned compressed air also helps clean it out.
That cure the problem for me.

Peace
Dave

Speedy

I'll second Neale's solution. Both my fans do that because of the high temps we are currently having. A little Vaseline solved the problem.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you call Fantastic fan, they will send you a new seal and some lube for it. They sent me a new fan assembly for FREE after 5 years.