ATF: Landmark - Level Up System

Two questions - When I try to retract the jacks in Auto mode to connect the hitch, I get an error message stating Feature Disable. Pressing Enter to clear the error does not work. I have to set the height of the king pin manually to reconnect the 5th wheel. The owners manual does not contain any instructions to fix this error. Please adivise.
Secondly, the LevelUp owners manual states to contact Heartland for the type of fluid used in the hydraulic unit. Please let me know what type of fluid to add.
Thank You

danemayer

Hi ErnestCrabtree,

When I try to retract the jacks in Auto mode to connect the hitch
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you describe what you're doing next after pressing the ON/OFF button to turn the system ON?

Some of the Lippert manuals call for any Automatic Transmission Fluid for the hydraulics. They specifically mention synthetics like Dexron II, Dexron III or Mercon 5. I'd suggest calling Lippert directly to see if their recommendation has changed. Very recently, they've started suggesting a quart of Motorcycle Racing Fork Fluid as an additive to eliminate landing jack noise. When you talk with Lippert, they can advise you as to whether you should add this to your system.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You will not be able to retract the front landing gear when in the 'Auto' mode. That is the source of your error message.
You will need to use the up/down buttons and scroll to 'Manual', press 'Enter', then use the up/down buttons to put your pin in the proper position for hitching.
Once you are hitched up, jaws locked and pull tested, you can scroll to 'Auto Retract' press 'Enter'.

Peace
Dave

Theresau

You hit the right and left buttons at the same time to bring the landing gears back to the position they were before leveling. This level is remembered when you auto level. Is this what you are looking for? (Pressing enter would not remove an error....)

Your system should have come with a DVD; if not, here is a link to the demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uArLrvZ25OU

Hope this helps.

Two questions - When I try to retract the jacks in Auto mode to connect the hitch, I get an error message stating Feature Disable. Pressing Enter to clear the error does not work. I have to set the height of the king pin manually to reconnect the 5th wheel. The owners manual does not contain any instructions to fix this error. Please adivise.
Secondly, the LevelUp owners manual states to contact Heartland for the type of fluid used in the hydraulic unit. Please let me know what type of fluid to add.
Thank You

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You hit the right and left buttons at the same time to bring the landing gears back to the position they were before leveling. This level is remembered when you auto level. Is this what you are looking for? (Pressing enter would not remove an error....)

Hope this helps.
One caveat to that scenario is that when pushing the left/buttons the trailer will only rise to the unhitch position. This is also subtly noted in the YouTube video.
As a safety factor, the coach will not lower to the unhitch position.
I cannot guaranty that this information is correct, as software changes do take place.

Peace
Dave

Thanks - when I turn the system on, the instructions then direct you to push the right and left buttons so it will return to the height of the hitch. Rather than doing that, it just gives me the error message. The disc we received with the unit when we picked it up in April had a big crack in it. Called the dealer to ask that they send me another but got no response. I'll check the YouTube vid as well. Thanks for all the suggestions.

That little fact is probably what's causing the problem since the times this has happened, the front of the coach was sitting on lower ground than the rear and the front jacks were almost fully extended.

Theresau

We have not experienced that the coach will not lower to the unhitch position (when leveling???) which is typically much higher than what would be "level" for us. Maybe I'm misreading that sentence?

We did get out of stroke errors when we recently camped because we were on pretty unlevel ground. We added more blocks and that corrected that issue.

One caveat to that scenario is that when pushing the left/buttons the trailer will only rise to the unhitch position. This is also subtly noted in the YouTube video.
As a safety factor, the coach will not lower to the unhitch position.
I cannot guaranty that this information is correct, as software changes do take place.

Peace
Dave