Stack washer dryer

4ever

We had a stack washer and dryer installed in our Landmark and plan on having it moved and installed in our new unit. In the current unit the stack has 2 brackets that mount the unit to the floor. We have not had problems however, 2 brackets at the bottom does not seem to be adequate. With the stack it seems to be a little top heavy and has to move during travel. I have considered adding some kind of strap our mount at the top of the unit to prevent any back and fourth movement. Curious what others have done with stack washer and dryers?

We have a 2014 Bighorn and ordered the stacked washer and dryer as an option installed at Heartland. Ours has the drip pan under the washer so no attachment to the floor. It drains into the coaches factory drain system and the dryer has a big screw thru the bottom left side (as you are facing it) into the framing of the closet. Doesn't look very pretty but have not had an issue with it; but again, haven't traveled any rough roads yet.

jbbdc

We have a 2014 Bighorn and ordered the stacked washer and dryer as an option installed at Heartland. Ours has the drip pan under the washer so no attachment to the floor. It drains into the coaches factory drain system and the dryer has a big screw thru the bottom left side (as you are facing it) into the framing of the closet. Doesn't look very pretty but have not had an issue with it; but again, haven't traveled any rough roads yet.

Interesting. I've spoken with 2 dealerships about this and both told me Heartland does not do factory installs, that it is a dealer-installed option only. I'd much rather have it done at the factory mainly due to the possibility of a careless dealer tech compromising an aluminum stud when drilling for the vent.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Yep, Heartland did ours too.....they haven't bounced out of the closet yet!! smiley-face-grin.jpg

brianharrison

Same - 2011 installed at the factory and the dryer is screwed to an "L" bracket and attached to the stile between the washer/dryer compartment and the closet.

A call to HL Customer service will confirm the stackable washer/dryer can be installed at factory. 877-262-8032

Brian