New Owners from Georgia

brw549

Hello yall ; ) My wife and I took ownership of our new Big Country 3650RL yesterday. Its our first Heartland product and our first fifth wheel. I picked her up in Summerdale Al. and brought her home approx 250 miles to Cataula, Georgia (just north of Columbus, Ga.). I had been towing a 38 ft TT and the difference towing the 5ver is like night and day but, so was backing the unit. I am so glad I live in a rural area and no one witnessed that event. Today, I will spend most of the day with my chainsaw taking out a few trees. The only issue I had with the unit is the height of the front landing gear while towing. The new drop basement places the front gear approx 1 foot off the ground while towing. This did create a issue at one RR crossing, that cause me to take another route home. She hit but no damage. I would like to know more about the Georgia Chapter, my wife and I have been RVing for approx three years mainly weekenders and occasionally a week or two somewhere on the gulf. We enjoy wildlife photography, she (Cathy) is a RN and I (Billy) am a Paramedic/FF both of us have been in our professions for over 35 years. We have two girls that are grown and out of the house (thank you god) and we are now free to enjoy life. Not sure of what else to say other than we look forward to meeting some of you soon.

Billy and Cathy Watson
Cataula, Georgia

jbeletti

Hi Billy and Cathy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Family!

You will hear from our GA Chapter Leaders soon. One thing they will tell you about is the upcoming GA rally in Dillard in late August. Hope to see you there.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Welcome! Now the fun begins...the National rally is in Goshen, IN in two weeks...come join us it will be a blast! !

kowAlski631

From a "girl" raised in Calhoun, GA, hey y'all back! We have a BH 3670RL that we are full-timing in now.

This forum is a great source for you to ask questions, get advice, & even just read to learn about the little hints that will help you learn about your new condo on wheels.

Join the owners club - you will have access to much more info than available just on the forum.

Take care - congrats!

Martha & Paul

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels" and Welcome to the Heartland family/forum. We hope you will enjoy your 3650 as much as we have ours. We are 99% full-timing in our Grey Ghost which is in Decatur AL cuz of hubbie's work. Hope to see your new home soon.

4ever

Congratulations on your new 5th wheel. I am sure you will enjoy your rig very much.

MCTalley

Welcome aboard. My wife (VKTalley) showed me the private message you had sent regarding the landing gear. We have scraped a couple of times but not so bad we had to turn around and take another route.

I would be interested, too, in some others' experiences with the front gear being close to the ground. It may be a factor of both of our tow vehicles being 4x2's and naturally sitting a little lower to begin with. I know that our hitch can be raised or lowered a couple inches. It currently sits about midway in its range, which gives the trailer a slightly nose down attitude while towing.

You might gain a couple inches by raising the hitch, if you can.

There is a Georgia chapter rally the end of August. We'll be there. Hope you get a chance to attend.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Billy & Cathy, Congratulations on the new Big Country. Glad to see new owners in Georgia. The Big country is a very nice coach. Santha and I are holding the 2013
Georgia rally labor day weekend in Dillard, Georgia at the river vista RV park. Hope that you and Cathy can join us. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

brw549

MCT Thanks for the reply. I looked at the hitch and I can raise it one more notch. I also looked at the front landing gear and when retracted there is space between the mounting unit and the RV frame. I feel I could raise the entire leg one notch giving me another inch or two clearance without compromising the units ability to level or achieve a proper height to connect to my TV. I will contact the manufacture prior to doing this.

Snow

Yes I'm sure you will enjoy your 3650 we just came back from our 3rd trip in ours and caint wait to go again in a couple of weeks and yes you will see a big difference if you raise our front landing gear up one bolt hole we had to do ours to get out of the driveway it don't hurt a thing , enjoy your 3650 ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

mikeandconnie

Welcome Billy & Cathy, Congratulations on the new Big Country.
Well you have some folks from Rome, Ga here also. However, we havn't been home more than a week or two the last 6 years. We are always traveling around since my wife is a Traveling Nurse and it's really makes it nice with our rig. We are currently in Northern California with the Redwood Trees. I see Cathy has a RN and if you ever decided to travel please PM me. We normally pick our location based on tourist locations and RV parks. Enjoy! Mike