Bull Shoals/White River near Flippin, Arkansas (no kidding, that's the name of the town)

Darring

We happened upon this Arkansas state park rv site last summer. It is a beautiful RV camp, right on White River. More than 1/2 the rv spots are directly on the river. White River is called middle America's premier Trout fishing river. Walmart in Flippin, AR is just 30 minutes away from the RV park. Larger sites have both tent pad, large rv pad, bbq and picnic table. 50/30amp sites, along with tent camping, family oriented, great bait shop/market. The rest areas are nice. No washer/dryers at this state park. My 3 boys absolutely loved this rv park. The tour of the DAM is insteresting. You can rent a small aluminum boat with 15 hsp engine for $50 instead of paying $350 to a float guide.....just watch the fishing guides on the water.

We spent 2 weeks exploring Arkansas. We visited the Diamond Mine (nice rv park) and Mt Petit Jean (interesting history of early settlers). Lot's of nature. My boys had a grand time.

We learned NOT to drive a RV through Hot Springs LOL.

Karen
Fairhope, AL
Gateway 3650BH (picking up this week - yeah!)

jimtoo

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for the good info on the campgrounds. Folks are always looking for a new place to visit. We visited that area a long time back... guess it time to revisit and make some more good memories.

NOW,,,how did you learn NOT to drive a RV through Hot Springs.... do you think the streets are a little narrow downtown??? :)

Enjoy the forum and your new Gateway.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did a float fishing trip with my Dad on the White River in the 50's. We stayed at Bull Shoals.
I still remember it as being one of the best fishing trips we ever took when I was a kid. Great place. Trace

ncrzrbk

I grew up in Arkansas and love that part of the state. It truly is the natural state. I have fished on that river as a kid. Planning on taking the family back to camp there now that I have found camping again. Glad you enjoyed your visit!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lobovista

Have three trout baking in the oven right now. Caught them on the white river three weeks ago. Beautiful river and everyone I met there were great.

cb1313

I live 5 miles away in Mountan Home if you ever return or anybody has questions about the area. A few years ago Field and Stream names the area one of the Top Ten fishing areas. 2 lakes and 2 rivers are the reason, Cb