Furnace and Thermostats

denverkas

Well I am new to the forum and I just bought my 2014 CY4000 8 days ago. So far, we love our new CY4000 and expect to for a very long time. Our unit has 3 A/Cs and 3 thermostats. I have been messing with everything on the new camper this week. My question is in regards to the thermostats operating the furnace. Do all 3 thermostats operate the gas furnace independently, or just the thermostat in the living room? As well, I only notice one round furnace register in the garage area, but with the furnace going, even after 5 minutes, it is only blowing cool air. I know it is not cold outside, I am just messing with everything on the camper to try everything out.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Denverkas,

Congratulations on your new rig and Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

While I'm not completely familiar with the new Cyclones, I'd think that the living room thermostat controls the furnace operation.

You might find our owner-written Heating and Cooling Guide useful. It's located in the manuals section of the forum. http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mizmary

Hi!! We have the 4100 too. It is wonderful!! The living room is the only furnace control. The others are purely for the a/c's. the back vent should be pumping warm air if the furnace is on but it might take longer since its the furthest from the unit. Is the vent in the LR area pumping warm air? They should be close to the same temp - they are only a couple of feet apart.

denverkas

Yes, the LR area is pumping very warm air. But still the vent in the garage is only cool and very low in volume. Now, I was just out in the camper as it is in my driveway, and I turned the LR thermostat off. I turned the garage Dometic thermostat on to the furnace position and set the temp to 80 degrees. The next thing I know is the garages DuoTherm unit kicks on, but never started producing any heat. Just sitting here scratching my head.

Mizmary

The fan will turn on but it won't produce heat. I know since it is the end of the line the volume of air is lower but ours comes out warm. Maybe there's some disconnect somewhere underneath? I will see the next time we turn ours on to see how warm it comes out. I don't expect a lot of that tiny vent - but it's better than nothing at all. We usually just leave the door open and put a fan in the doorway if we want to heat back there.

Mizmary

Darn. I read that and it didn't make sense. The a/c fan might turn on but it won't produce heat - to clarify my first comment.

danemayer

I turned the garage Dometic thermostat on to the furnace position and set the temp to 80 degrees. The next thing I know is the garages DuoTherm unit kicks on, but never started producing any heat. Just sitting here scratching my head.
On any of the thermostats, if the thermostat FAN setting is on HIGH or LOW, instead of AUTO, any time it's on, regardless of whether in HEAT or COOL mode, the overhead fan will run.

denverkas

Thanks for the response Dane. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I did do a search last night on google and found that there is an electric heat strip part that I can buy for the Duo therm unit in the garage so that it will produce heat as well as A/C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Theresau

AC will turn on with heat if fan is not on Auto....

Yes, the LR area is pumping very warm air. But still the vent in the garage is only cool and very low in volume. Now, I was just out in the camper as it is in my driveway, and I turned the LR thermostat off. I turned the garage Dometic thermostat on to the furnace position and set the temp to 80 degrees. The next thing I know is the garages DuoTherm unit kicks on, but never started producing any heat. Just sitting here scratching my head.

:confused:Many thanks to this forum, figured out that I had to have the fan set on auto to have the AC fan shut off. New owner of a Bighorn 3070RL :eek: