Winchester, Va to Nobleboro, Maine

We will be traveling from Winchester, Va to Nobleboro, Mane in July. Any suggestion of how to go or how not to go? Any other suggestions.

Westwind

I would say I81 through I84 to I495 in Massachusetts which would take you to your destination. The only part of the route that gives me hesitation is through the I-84 route through New Jersey - New York area. It's a route through the mountain area and we got hit with heavy fog and it wasn't an enjoyable ride, it was in the spring and that might have had something to do with it.

JacieB

Just as a word of caution, the bridges on I495, at least from Marlboro area and north, are horrible for towing trailers. Be prepared to really slow down. When we have time,
we avoid towing on this section with our trailer. We make frequent trips to Maine to see family.
Enjoy your trip!

Jace and Jane

John T Bettencourt

I always run I-81 to Scranton,PA. Then I-84 east through New York into Connecticut up to the Mass Pike. There is only one small toll crossing the Hudson(I-84 does not go near New Jersey) If you go I-95 be prepared tp pay over 50 dollars in tolls.

Mizmary

Don't go 95 if you can avoid it. That road is always busy and the tolls are ridiculous. I think the last bit was a good set. I think you avoid NYC that way. Take the road around the city rather than going through.

We will not be going as far North as Marlboro. Hopefully I-495 will be ok until about 30 miles north of Brunswick / Bath. Thanks for the info, Jace and Jane.

JacieB

Sorry, I meant I495 in Marlboro MA.... Once you hit I95 north it is fine...just I495 in MA that is the problem with "bumpy" bridges. We live in western MA and have family in the Brunswick, ME area and further up near Bangor ME and we travel up there at least once a month, if not more. Once you hit the Mass Pike, you can take that to I495 north and then take that to I95 north. You'll avoid some traffic if you don't take Mass Pike all the way to I95, but either way, you'll hit traffic most of the time.

Have a safe trip!
Jane and Jace

Hi, Baltbirds, We are from SC near Chearleston. We will be in Winchester/ Candy Hill campground visting family in that area. Will leave there and head up to Duck Puddle Campground in Nobleboro, ME to visit friends. I see you have the same year and model camper as we have.

We are planning on leaving Winchester, Va and heading up I-81 to Scranton and then I-84 over to Middletown, NY. Leaving there and taking I-84 to I-90 to I-495 to Bellingham, MA.

Jane and Jace, Looks like we were planning to take I-90 to I-495 around Boston. Then I-95 up to I-295 near Portland. looks like US 1 rest of the way. Guess we will have to live with the bumpy bridges unless there is another way.

Thanks for the input about I-95 and toll, Bettencourt and Mizmary.

Thanks for everyones input and help.

Milton