antenna connections

New to this forum, Hi to all. Just bought a 2014 Elkheart 34TSRE, On the right side in the hold is a connector and I assume it is for use with outdoor tv. On the left side where the fresh water, city water and waste drains are there is two more cable connections for TV. Is one of these for sat. or just extra connections? My portable tv works fine in the bedroom with the antenna, but nothing works on the toshibia that pops up from the fireplace. I have read some of the post on this site relating to the subject, but being a new camper was hoping to just plug and play. Main question was the two connections on the left side, weather just cable or sat or antenna.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
7x30waters, welcome to the forum. Lots of good information available here.
A couple of things about your TV.
First, the antenna amplifier must be turned on for over air reception. It should be located somewhere in your bedroom or bedroom closet. It will have a red button on it. When it is on, a red light will come on. That same amplifier must be turned off for cable use.
Next, you will need to be sure that in your TV menu the source is set to 'Air'. Or something to that effect. All TV's do not use a standard nomenclature.
Then you will need to do a channel search. You will find this in your menu as well.
Then of course, there is always a chance at having a bad coax connector.
As far as the two connections in your UDC go, normally they are labeled. Yours are not??
One would be for cable and the other could be for satellite.
Let us know if you solve any of your reception problems.

Peace
Dave

Theresau

I'm not positive about an Elkridge but we've had both a BH and BC. Here is how ours is set up in the new BC and how it was set up in the 2010 BH. The right side connector in the UDC is for cable. The two in the back are for satellite - the left is for the living and the right for the bedroom.

We have a 2014 BC so it has a Toshiba TV in it as well. As Dave indicated, you need to change your source/input to TV, then AIR and then program the channels.

Our bedroom closet has the antenna booster and there is also a connection area for the bedroom to switch from satellite to cable/antenna for the bedroom - this in the far left portion of the closet.

Do you have a Genesis sound system/DVD player - if so, you need to change the Toshiba to VIDEO otherwise the DVD will play in black and white.

Theresa

Thank-you for you're input, I did have a problem with the Genesis system would only play my dvd's in black and white, figured that out, was next wanting to take my upstairs direct tv reciever from home and using it in the trailer, I had a dish that dish network left with one lnb and thought I could use that with my direct tv system. But then I wasn't sure what connector to plug that into. Probably wouldn't work anyway, trying to save money (smile). Thanks again
Stan

Stan and Bun
2011 Dodge Ram 2500HD Crew Cab
6.7 I6 cummings Turbo Diesel

2010 Keystone Hideout
2014 Elkridge 34TSRE