Screen removal instructions needed

Soko

I'm successful removing the big screens in the back, but is there a simple way to remove the smaller screens to clean the inside of the windows?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Gas20

If they are like on my Elkridge they are a pain in the neck. I learned after trial and error, I looked at some of the others that were fac. Installed and just kept working with the screen, good luck.

ParkIt

Hard to explain but I'll give it a shot, can't imagine your unit would be different from ours, you may want help with the first one:
Push up on the window so it's open as far as it can get, above the latch tabs, you will need something to hold it up that far until you get the screen out. I've used the bamboo skewer sticks to hold them up, it works well without damaging the rubber seal (cutting the pointed end off first of the skewer).
Gently push up on the top of the window screen, there will now be a gap between the bottom edge of the screen and metal ledge.
Grab the bottom of the screen with 2 fingers on the metal frame, you may have to work it a little side to side while pulling it downward, some screens have a tab at the bottom you can grasp, ours do not.
I use a little bit of olive oil in a spray bottle on the sides to make it easier the first time removing them.
Keep working it gently without twisting the frame until you have it out. Sometimes you get it half way down and the pressure releases from the side and it comes right out.

Putting them back in is easier, push the screen up to the top, push it as far to the side as you can without twisting the frame and it drops into place.

Hope that helps and pretty sure someone probably has an easier way to do this than I do.