Storing leveled 5th Wheel

denverkas

I will be storing my new Cyclone in my barn. I just put it in there and I leveled it out using the 6 point leveling system. I plan to leave it leveled on all 6 jacks. Is this something that I shouldn't do? Is it not a problem? Basically, what your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sumo

Re: Storing leveled

When I store my RV at home I put the jack down and level it. I feel more comfortable put the slide out with the trailer level.

4ever

Re: Storing leveled

It is not really any different then staying at an RV park for extended period. We have ours leveled out in Florida for over 5 months. Don't see why it would be a problem.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't think it would make any difference either way. These things sit on dealers lots for long periods without being "leveled".
We level ours when parked here at home but we don't use our center scissors jacks. Just the front hydraulics and rear stabilizers. I think it's better for the slide mechanism to be used when level.

porthole

Retired
The inventor of the LevelUp told us at Nashville that it could be left deployed full time if you wished.

aatauses

Not sure if your barn has a concrete floor--if your tires are on dirt I would consider putting something under them.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

beasleyrl

One note from the manual...

"If jacks are down for extended periods, it is recommended to spray exposed leveling jack rods witha silicone lubricant every seven days for protection. If your coach is located in a salty environment, itis recommended to spray the rods every 2 to 3 days."

KiwiRVer

I left mine leveled and with the wheels off the ground for 6 months last winter. No problems but I did note that it dropped about 0.3deg over that time which is unimportant except as it may relates to the "popping problem."

porthole

Retired
One note from the manual...

"If jacks are down for extended periods, it is recommended to spray exposed leveling jack rods witha silicone lubricant every seven days for protection. If your coach is located in a salty environment, itis recommended to spray the rods every 2 to 3 days."

Roger, I think the jacks might have been changed to a Teflon coated version that "supposedly" do not need that maintenance.

Only thing I have done to mine when the jacks are deployed for more then a week is to just wipe off any dirty before retracting.