Black film on interior

Jimalberta

Hi everyone,

we have a black film of grime inside our Bighorn after about 10,000 miles this past winter. I don't know if it is diesel soot or general road grime but it makes a cloth dirty black if you wipe it on the cabinets , etc. I have inspected the seals on the slides and they seem fine. we do not leave any vents or windows open while travelling.

Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this?

cheers
Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know what the black is but I do know these things like to collect dust.
When we stay in windy dusty South Texas, no matter how often we dust and vacuum, in a day or two everything is dusty again.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sorry Jim. I have no idea. Like Dave, we get dust while parked from normal use but nothing out of the ordinary while traveling. Could the furnace have been left on? That's the only thing I can think of. Bouncing down the road loosening up anything in the ducts and blowing it out?

Jimmy

If you were down south here, I would suspect Mold from non-ventilation. Up north, not sure?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Grasping too: coal dust? Are you near a strip mine?

When we lived in a rent house that had a natural gas wall furnace that was not venting properly, we had fine black dust on everything. I don't know if the propane furnace would do that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk