kitchen faucet

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dumb question. The kitchen faucet sprayer does not work with only water pump on. I guess I should try it with shore water pressure. But is that normal and should I add it our list of stuff to fix? :confused: :D

jpmorgan37

Couple of things to check Bob; There is a rubber tube inside the flex pipe that pulls out. Unscrew the head and see if it's twisted which will restrict water flow. Also, there is a screen strainer in the head. It may have some debris in it. The spray function is pressure sensitive so that is a couple of possibilities. I'm sure others will chime in with ideas.

John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The faucet in the kitchen has a flow reducing unit built deep inside the brass housing under everything. I had to completely dissassemble the unit to find it. Once I found it I removed it. It had quite a bit of lime/calcium built up on it. I have great flow now. Thinking back to that project, I now realize that it's the same junk I found in our hot water heater.

geeksrus

The faucet in the kitchen has a flow reducing unit built deep inside the brass housing under everything. I had to completely dissassemble the unit to find it. Once I found it I removed it. It had quite a bit of lime/calcium built up on it. I have great flow now. Thinking back to that project, I now realize that it's the same junk I found in our hot water heater.

Ray:

I tried to follow what you said. I unscrewed the faucet head & in the line was a brass piece that has a small opening. But I couldn't remove it to do the clean out you suggested.

Am I work in the right area... any further tips.

Thanks EH!