Rejex vs. 303

ksmith555

I've read lots of postings on here about both products...don't think I could go wrong by using either one. We ordered a new cyclone and want to start with one of these products from the beginning to protect decals etc. Has anyone tried both products and has a preference between the two? The Rejex directions kind of intimidate me considering summer is here already....the UV in the 303 is a plus...Rejex says it is a polymer and doesn't need a UV additive....see, can't make my mind up :)

And second question...on the newer black painted cap models, I was told they are clear coated from the factory. Is the decal clear coated as well, or applied on top of the clear coat? Haven't gotten up on a ladder to check it out yet. Thanks!
Kerry

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
303 is basically a protective liquid used on vinyl, leather, plastic and fiberglass. If you have a painted cap, it won't do much for you. I think your best bet is a good wax protection. I haven't heard of any UV issues with painted caps. I believe the clear coat is over the decals.
Rejex is a coating and has to be maintained. I've not used it but I have heard good things about it.
I use 303 on pretty much everything except leather. Great stuff and highly recommended by tonneau cover manufacturers.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I been using Rejex for 3 years and apply it once a year and I recommend it highly. Everyone ask me how I keep my coach so new looking. Put it on let it dry to a haze and polish off. I try my best to stay within the application guideline but I would never get it done it I followed them to the tee. Usually a two day job for me but I do a side each day plus a back or front. Use of portable scaffolding makes it the best way to apply. Large reachable area and stable platform to work from. Ladder to much reaching and moving.

Lynn1130

It's called hired labor. Actually it is a detail company that will come to my storage lot. They wash and apply the Rejex that I supply. All I have to do is pull the rig to the wash bay in the storage lot. I have done the wash and application in the past but at under $300 for their work it beats two days of my time and broken back.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I would like to order one box of Hired Labor. Please let me know when I can expect delivery?:rolleyes:

noobee

303 is basically a protective liquid used on vinyl, leather, plastic and fiberglass. If you have a painted cap, it won't do much for you. I think your best bet is a good wax protection. I haven't heard of any UV issues with painted caps. I believe the clear coat is over the decals.
Rejex is a coating and has to be maintained. I've not used it but I have heard good things about it.
I use 303 on pretty much everything except leather. Great stuff and highly recommended by tonneau cover manufacturers.

Why not on leather?