Weight Rating Decal not reflecting 6000 Lb axle option?

fishn2dmax

Scott,
My 08 2900MK was ordered with the optional 6000lb axle upgraded. I noticed the GVWR decal located on the front left of the coach and the decal in the kitchen cabinet does not reflect the 6000lb axle nor the associated increase the GVWR. Tire information also is inaccurate as I have the 16" tires and not the 15" tires. Was this an oversight at the factory or do all sundance coaches receive a "standard" weight rating ( by model) decal regardless of optional axle and tire upgrades. :confused: If this is standard, what is my actual GVWR with the 6000lb axle upgrade?

Thanks,

Gordon

Scott

Axles/Ratings

I have emailed engineering to find out what happened. I know that we can get you the right sticker, showing the upgraded the axles.

ST

Scott

fishn2dmax -
I am pretty sure that this was an oversight on our part. Maybe there was a change order involved in production that was not caught before the sticker was printed for the coach. The correct GWVR for your coach will be 13,000 lb.
Call our customer service dept. to get a new sticker for your coach - 574.262.5992
ST

newman

My decal was completely wrong when we recieved our 5ver, I just called Heartland and they sent the correct decal to put over the wrong one.

fishn2dmax

Scott,

I called the number you forwarded this morning and after explaining the whole issue to 4 different people only to be transfered again, I was finally forwarded to Chris. He took my information and indicated he will give the information to yet another department for research - I'm keeping my fingers crosssed.

Thanks for responding! I look forward to receiving an accurate GWVR decal in the near future.

Thanks again,

Gordon

P.S. I have a friend that just purchased an 08 Sundance ( from a different dealer than mine) , he checked his GVWR decal last night and it too was wrong. He has the 6K axles and 16" tires, his decal also reflects 5K/ 15" tires? I'll give him Chris's contact info.

fishn2dmax

Chris from Heartland called me back a few hours later and indicated he is putting my new GVWR decals in the mail. Now that is Service!!!:D

thumper

fishn2dmax said:
Scott,
My 08 2900MK was ordered with the optional 6000lb axle upgraded. I noticed the GVWR decal located on the front left of the coach and the decal in the kitchen cabinet does not reflect the 6000lb axle nor the associated increase the GVWR. Tire information also is inaccurate as I have the 16" tires and not the 15" tires. Was this an oversight at the factory or do all Sundance coaches receive a "standard" weight rating ( by model) decal regardless of optional axle and tire upgrades. :confused: If this is standard, what is my actual GVWR with the 6000lb axle upgrade?

Thanks,

Gordon

Interesting, I have a 2997 with the 6000lb axle upgrade and the decal outside and inside still indicates the 15" tires.

Doug

Sundance_kid

Our 3300SK same thing, it would concern me more if the ratings were reversed and you would be rated for more weight than you could carry.

fishn2dmax

My New correct GVWR decals arrived today. Thanks Heartland!

I have created a new challenge. As I was placing the new decals on and in the coach, my dear Wife asked me what I was doing and why we needed new weight decals? I replied to her that the decals reflected our actual increased carry capacity of 3760 lbs with the 6000 lb axles. Big mistake !!! All this time I've been telling her to not carry anything in the trailer that is not absolutely necessary because of the weight limitations, now she'll really load up our trailer. Whoops....:eek: :D

fsh2win

Always fish to win!!
Checked mine and also wrong one

I just checked mine and it is also wrong. Must be a common problem on 2008' 2900mk. I'll call Heartland tomorrow during business hours. Thanks for the info. Phil H.:)