Razor 16" Freestar

Big G

Big G
We don't have enough miles on the Freestar 16" ST235/80R16 tires to have had any issues. Although I read where other tires made in China are having issues. Has anyone run the Freestar for any distance? (load range "E")
Best Regards, Big G :confused:

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Big G, I haven't put many miles on our rig which I special ordered with #7000 LB axles and the G rated tires, so I really can't tell you much about them. I did contact Tireco in California about the warranty coverage on them but they only referred me to their website and the G rated tires aren't listed there. I guess I'll call them again today about the warranty coverage.

Big G

Big G
16" G Rated

Obs,
Are you running the 7 spoke 16" aluminum wheel with the "G" rating?
I looked at the wheel rating today. (weight 6/3200 - 8/3750 @110psi)
I believe the 6/ and 8/ are for the number of lugs per wheel.

I see you have a Big Horn, where mine is a Razor?:cool: :)

Last edited:

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Big G, I have the eight lug wheels. The main reason I wanted the #7000 LB axles and G rated tires was a problem with the tires and axles on the 5er we traded for our BH. I usually have pretty good service out of tires but I don't have much experience with these Freestar. I'm hoping they will perform well because they are installed on a lighter unit and we have never overloaded any of our previous units. However, only time will tell. I don't really think it makes any difference in what the model of the rig is but like I said we have a lighter unit and not a toy hauler. I did have Maxxis tires on our previous unit but I don't know if they make a G rated tire. It is possible that they will become more plentiful soon since they are on more and more toy haulers. I looked at the Freestar closely and they have a steelbelted side wall and I hate to think of the damage it would cause if it exploded at 110 PSI.

Big G

Big G
110psi Rating

OB,
I might have confused the issue. The 110psi is the rating on the wheel. The tires say 80 psi cold. Thanks for the reply, have a great weekend. Gary:)

Cutlers

Now my paranoia is in full bloom....I read all the complaints about the Goodyear Marathons. Went out and looked at mine and sure enough, Made in China. Should I be worried? We will be going Rocky Point Mexico in Feb 09 (1700 miles round trip) and now I'm worried about the tires. I did a web search and almost every Rv forum had complaints about them. Very few horror stories about blowouts, mostly complaints about the China thing. Most of these post were from late last year. Any thoughts or actual experiences that anyone would care to share? When we leave for Mexico these tires will have about 750 miles (not counting the original transport miles) on them.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We have over 3000 miles on the Freestars and no problems so far. They appear to be wearing well, no bubbles, etc. We check before amd during every trip, monitor pressure and temp and don't tow over 65. Most of the time at 60, as that's where the sweet spot seems to be for fuel mileage.
If it makes you feel any better, the only two blowouts we ever had were with Michelin XPS ribs. LOL We think it was road debris we didn't see. We still like Michelin, but I can think of a lot of other things to buy with that $800.