3855 FL suggestions

TexAndLinda

Original BH 3855 FL
bh_3855fl original.jpg

Modified BH 3855 FL
bh_3855fl.jpg

Move the fridge to side with table and extend more counter.
  • Allow more prep;)
  • Water line for Ice Maker in the fridge will be stationary.
  • Propane line for fridge is stationary
  • loss of no cabinetry
  • ;)Gain of prep area;)
  • Additional Window - more air circulation

Now some additions I would like to see HeartLand Inc to add.
  1. Water Manifold System - I have this in my stick & Brick (worth the $500 of plumbing);)
  2. Rhino non slip sealant for the roof and slide outs:mad:
  3. Heavy (2 grades above recommendation standard) pre-wire for future solar/wind abilities:confused:
  4. front (5th wheel) LED lighting for assistance in seeing early morning or late night hook ups:D
  5. Security option cameras for recording while stationary and while in motion (like Progressive Snap shot):cool:

There is more but I'll stop here for now.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
For me, moving the refrigerator wuold take it too far away from the work area, the square box in the corner would appeal and it looks like installing a lage four door would no longer be an option.
Just a couple of thoughts.

Peace
Dave

TexAndLinda

Cookie, when I first thought about this I went and looked at Keystone, Cedar Creek & Excel FL's. They all had the kitchen on the entry door side and the fridge across from them. I went back to the heartland dealer and took a second look, measured the distance from Fridge (where I wanted it) to stove to sink and back to fridge and I was well with in what they call the "Kitchen Triangle." The Kitchen Triangle is what is used to determine if a kitchen is usable or more work for the user. The total distance is 17' and the amount needed is between 13' & 26'. Plus the measurement allowed up to 36" of width so a double or 18cu residential would fit.
Thanks for the question

Over the last month me and the wife have looked at well over 100 different trailers, with her picking out the cosmetics and me picking out the design and construction. We have set the standard to Heartland and DRV. But with us looking and seeing where my shoulders rub as I walk thru a floor plan, or if I drop the soap will I be able to pick it up.

Two main Reasons for liking the FL's is that the Bedroom is a double slide out. With the bedroom slide out and the living room couch slide out it leaves a large area (over 15' length) for outside living area awning, usually placing the door into the trailer in the middle of the awning.

I would like to see an ironing board that is a drop down or something that can fold down to iron on.......
we have a table top that just not work for me.. Any ideas?

TexAndLinda

I would like to see an ironing board that is a drop down or something that can fold down to iron on.......
we have a table top that just not work for me.. Any ideas?

A regular Ironing Board wouldn't work? Or are you trying to get one attached to the wall and able to be put away in same location?

Westwind

If you are comparing the Excel FL to the Landmark - I'd say your in the same price category, but Bighorn to Excel FL, I don't know? As the price on FW heads up and up, you will find lots of neat things are added as standard equipment. But Money talks.

8paws

We carry a regular ironing board and store it behind the couch. I put a towel around each end to protect the wall. It slides right down there and comes back out very easily. Wouldn't leave home without it.

drfife

Maxed out Excel is over 150k.
I ordered a maxed out 2013 Excel Winslow 34IKE (full body paint, automatic leveling, residential fridge, 2 15K AC's, SeeLevel gauges, etc, etc) in August 2012. There were few options I did not choose. About the only major difference between my Winslow and an Excel Limited is mine has a rubber roof, Limited's have fiberglass roofs.

The MSRP was 105K. The sales price was significantly less.

Excels cost less than everybody thinks.

They make fine trailers.

Just posting to set the record straight.

Russell
Dallas, TX
2013 Excel Winslow 34IKE.