heater won't come on

jimbo56

I've got a new Landmark and can't get the a/c & heater to come on. We are camped where a 30amp is only available. We've tried the reset peocedure. Any ideas?

rjr6150

Jimbo56
Are you sure that you have 110 volt to the unit? Since its a Landmark are both AC's not coming on? Since you only have 30 amp not able to run both at the same time just trying to determine if one of the units will run.

jimbo56

Yes, there is 110 coming in. The front unit will work but not the main a/c- heater unit. Not trying to run both a/c, just the main heater.

poosu

We had lots of trouble with our heater. It seemed to work OK on shore power but not on battery power. After 2 attempts to get it fixed under warranty, the technician found that the pressure regulating valve out at the tanks was set incorrectly at the factory. What seemed like an electrical problem turned out to be the gas pressure setting which is very sensitive. Originally I was told my battery was not supplying enough voltage. I converted to a dual battery set up and that did not fix the problem. Spent a lot of time and money chasing a problem in the wrong direction.

danemayer

We had lots of trouble with our heater. It seemed to work OK on shore power but not on battery power. After 2 attempts to get it fixed under warranty, the technician found that the pressure regulating valve out at the tanks was set incorrectly at the factory. What seemed like an electrical problem turned out to be the gas pressure setting which is very sensitive. Originally I was told my battery was not supplying enough voltage. I converted to a dual battery set up and that did not fix the problem. Spent a lot of time and money chasing a problem in the wrong direction.
Sounds like the dealer tech was guessing his way to a solution. You might keep that in mind the next time you need service.

wdk450

You know, it was never posted if this was fixed, and I just wanted to get out there this hint to the new owners that when you first put the thermostat in a heating or cooling mode, and set the desired temperature on the thermostat where the heat or cool should come on, you should hear a distinct relay "Click" coming from the Air conditioner area (the control board for both heating and air conditioning is there). This is done by the thermostat and a 12 volt DC control circuit, so you may want to check your 12 volt DC fuses, if you don't hear this click.