Thank You and quick question

Kbvols

I just installed a progressive EMS and it went pretty smooth Thanks to advise and recommendations on the forum. So glad I bought a piece of extra wire vs splicing!! My question is it normal to hear a little buzz from the EMS box?? All the reading are good just hear a slight buzz.

Thanks again for all those who posted install info.

sjs731

I installed mine today and I hear a little hum too. Once I put the storage wall back up nobody will notice the hum.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when you plug into shore or fire up the genny... what is average amount of time before power to the coach comes through? So far, I have seen ~30 seconds on genny and up to 2 to 5 minutes from shore power.

danemayer

So when you plug into shore or fire up the genny... what is average amount of time before power to the coach comes through? So far, I have seen ~30 seconds on genny and up to 2 to 5 minutes from shore power.
If you have an Electrical Management System from Progressive or TRCI, they have a built-in delay of a bit over 2 minutes to protect Air Conditioner compressors and similar equipment. The generator may take a few seconds to stabilize voltage output and cause the transfer switch to operate, supplying power to the coach.

If you're seeing 5 minutes from shore power with an EMS, you may have a problem with the EMS.

Or maybe you have a problem with the transfer switch.

Lou_and_Bette

Joe, as Dan indicated above, 5 minutes seems long. Progressive indicates there is a 2 minute 40 second delay but there is a delay built in the transfer switch also...so, if switching and re-energizing the delay may be that long