Details:
  • Number of sites held: 50
  • Site fee: See Below
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee:
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 7/18/2014
  • Potluck time: 6:00pm
  • Event Leader: dbylinski(click to contact)
Additional Info:
Campsites have been turned back to the campground. Call for availability!
_MG_4849%20-%20PLYMOUTH%20HARBOR-L.jpg
Boston/Cape Cod KOA is a perfectly manicured property and will be a great backdrop for our first visit to the New England Shoreline.​
Camp is located 40 Minutes From Boston and 15 Minutes From Plymouth Harbor on Cape Cod Bay.

We have chosen the
Middleboro Food Bank
as our Heartland Gives Back Initiative for this event. The Food Bank is managed by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.We will be contributing non-perishable food items and participatingin a community service project at their facilitywhere we will help them restock the shelves of the pantry.
CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED SHIFT SCHEDULE

THERE WILL BE A GOLF OUTING SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, JULY 18th.

THERE ARE NO PATIO or 50 AMP SITES REMAINING!

Sites
Our 50 reserved sites are all back-in full hook up sites, most with 30 amp service. Site fees for 2014 have not been announced at this time. The current fee is $45.00 per night and the 2014 fees will be discounted according to the number of rigs attending. A 25% discount will be applied for 25 rigs or more. No other discounts including KOA Value Rewards will be accepted. There are a few premium Patio sites available and these will most likely book fast. They are back-in also with a block patio, lounge chairs and a round table and chairs. If a 50 amp site is necessary there are a few of those as well. The Premium Patio and 50 amp sites are on a first come first served basis. Our sites are in the 200 section of the campground. The 200 section sites are closest to the pavilion where our activity will take place. On the campground map the pavilion is located by the bathhouse in the 200 section. The discounted rates will apply throughout your entire stay.A one night deposit (based upon this years rates) will be required to hold your site.

Please DO NOT call the KOA 800 reservations number for this event.
When you are making your reservation you will be asked for your HOC Membership # as club membership is necessary to attend this event. Please ask to speak with Angela or Pat. If they are unavailable please leave a message and they will return your call.All unregistered sites will be returned to the campground on June 15, 2014. Following the return of these sites you may still call for reservations but you may not be sited with the group.
Cancellation Policy
Reservation Guarantee Deposit: A credit card deposit equal to the registration charges for your first night is required to guarantee a reservation. Deposit charged at time of reservation. Cancellation Requirements for Deposit Refund: If you are unable to honor your reservation, call and cancel prior to these deadlines: RV Sites: 48 Hours - Notify Boston Cape Cod KOA by 4 p.m. two days prior to arrival date. Reservations made after deadlines will require a non-refundable deposit.Cancellation Charges: A $10 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations made prior to deadline. Cancellations after deadline will result in forfeiture of all deposit.

Golf Carts
If you are wanting to bring your personal golf cart you are welcome to do so. Proof of insurance will be required upon check-in.

Dogs
KOA Corporate Office states "No Vicious Breeds". Please check with the campground about your specific breed when making a reservation. Some regulations have been relaxed for some breeds.

Guests
As we are planning to cater our meals we will have to charge meal fees to cover these costs. The exact charge will depend upon the meals attended by your guests as listed below. These charges only apply to members bringing guests and DO NOT apply to our membership with Rally Kidz in the immediate household. The Catered Meal Menus are shown below in the attachments.
Continental Breakfast = $5.00 per person
Pizza Party = $5.00 per person
Catered Brunch = $15.00 per person
Catered Dinner = $27.00 per person

ATTENDEES:

1) Deb & John Bylinski - Site 309 (12th-21st)
2) Jessica & Harry Riker - Site 260 (17th-21st)
3) Beth & Greg Dean - Site 310 (16th-21st)
4) MaryAnn & John Proto - Site 312 (17th-21st)
5) Ginger, Jamie & Madison Walker Site 259 (12th-20th)
6) Betty & Don McGlynn - Site 311 (16th-21st)
7) Debbie & Duane Clause - Site 314 (16th-22nd)
8) Lisa, John, JR & Nicole Miller - Site 268 (17th-21st)
9) Alice & Kimball Gillette - Site 258 (16th-21st)
10) Judy & Calvin Hicks - Site 708 (14th-21st)
11) Colleen & Jim Marigliano - Site 262 (17th-21st)
12) Billie Jo & Shawn Bunce - Site 257 (16th-21st)
13) Geri & Jim Reyes - Site 265 (17th-21st)
14) Kevin Barrett - Site 266 (14th-21st)
15) Eileen & Dave Betton - Site 263 (14th-21st)
16) Ann & Mike Walker - Site 264 (17th-21st)
17) Fran & Glenn Schaaf - Site 242 (16th-21st)
18) Pat Turgeon & Ed Hickman - Site 243 (16th-21st)
19) Phyllis & Hank Vogt - Site 244 (15th-21st)
20) Nancy & Jim Beletti - Site 313 (14th-21st)
21) Bev & John Clickner - Site 254 (17th-21st)
22) Gayle & John Bauer - Site 248 (16th-21st)
23) Joann & Loren Smith - Site 251

24) Karen & Don Law - Site 255 (16-21st)
25) Diane & Bob Frith - Site 246 (15th-21st)
26) Betty & Bob Floyd - Site 249 (16th-21st)
27) Sharon & Glenn Van Wickle - Site 253 (16th-21st)
28) Lisa & Tim Davin - Site 245
29) Lin & Ernie Crabtree - Site 710 (17th-21st)
30) Elliott Farnsworth - Site 250 (17th-21st)
31) Bette & Lou Dick - Site 252 (14th-21st)
32) Joann & Lewis West - Site 267 (14th-21st)
33) Carol & Terry Hershberger - Site 183 (13th-20th)
34) Terry & Jim Ginn - Site 123 (14th-20th)
35) Donna & Hogan Cooper - Site 203 (17th-20th)
36) Judy & Larry Haines - Site 204 (17th-20th)
37) Dorothy & Eric van Opstal - Site 241 (16th- 20th)

Attention Golfers
Attention all golfers we will be playing at The Back Nine Club on Friday morning. Tee times start at 8:00 the course is about 8 miles from campground it is a full size par 3 and has a nice pub/restaurant for lunch and beer after our round. If you have not posted interest in playing please do so soon so I can give a head count. Thanks, Mike Walker
Interested Golfers
Mike Walker
John Miller
JR Miller
Glenn Van Wickle
Lou Dick
Jimmy Cosmo
Jim Marigliano

Here's The Important Information.....Don't feel like cooking???
Tuttabono Pizzeria & Mandarin Kyoto Chinese Restaurant Deliver To Camp!!!!!
Life Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!

Attachments

• Thinking about visiting Boston.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Catering Menu.pdf
    125.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Rally Agenda.pdf
    284.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Vinny773

thank you Debbie and John for your hard work. I'm sure Beth and Greg had fun too, lol:angel: Actually I think all four of you had a great time!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
thank you Debbie and John for your hard work. I'm sure Beth and Greg had fun too, lol:angel: Actually I think all four of you had a great time!

There is no doubt we had fun once the business was done! Just got back from the pool and sitting down with a nice celebratory glass of Bully Hill. Cheers!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Cool, now we just have to figure out a way to make a long enough stay to go around 95.

We came up over the GWB via 95, 495, 44 and the trip took 5 1/2 hours by car -no trailer. We are going to head home via the Tappanzee Bridge. We will let you know how we make out later. Not that I-95 can't be done, truckers do it everyday. It sure won't be pleasant. It's an awful route for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Miller0758

We came up over the GWB via 95, 495, 44 and the trip took 5 1/2 hours by car -no trailer. We are going to head home via the Tappanzee Bridge. We will let you know how we make out later. Not that I-95 can't be done, truckers do it everyday. It sure won't be pleasant. It's an awful route for sure!

and headed across the Cross Bronx may leave you with a few hitchhikers. It will be 87 - 95 for me for sure and just take it slow.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Looking at 81 north to Scranton Pa, then 84 east almost into Hartford. Anyone know how route 84 is through NY??

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Looking at 81 north to Scranton Pa, then 84 east almost into Hartford. Anyone know how route 84 is through NY??[/QUOTE

Once you are off I81 onto I84 in PA it is a little bumpy for about 3 miles than after that it smooths out a nice ride all the way out to MA. You may hit traffic through Hartford during rush hours otherwise uneventful ride.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Looking at 81 north to Scranton Pa, then 84 east almost into Hartford. Anyone know how route 84 is through NY??[/QUOTE

Once you are off I81 onto I84 in PA it is a little bumpy for about 3 miles than after that it smooths out a nice ride all the way out to MA. You may hit traffic through Hartford during rush hours otherwise uneventful ride.

NICE!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I have put some additional information in post number 1.

There are a few Premium Patio sites which can be requested in section 300 and we expect they will book quickly. There are also a few 50 amp sites in our rally area. You can request one if you feel it is necessary and they will try to accommodate your requests.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
For those heading north in New Jersey the best route is Garden State Parkway north to the end and follow signs for 287 East and the Tappanzee Bridge. After crossing the bridge get onto 95 north to 495 South to 44 east. We just did this trip in reverse and it will be a good route with a trailer in tow.

According to our GPS this only added about 10 minutes to the GWB route.

porthole

Retired
Not that I-95 can't be done, truckers do it everyday. It sure won't be pleasant. It's an awful route for sure!

Avoid it whenever I can in a vehicle and absolutely avoid it on the bike through the NY section. Has to be the worst road in the north east through the city.

FYI - for those looking at the map - don't bother with the parallel to Rt 95, route 15

bill40

Looking at 81 north to Scranton Pa, then 84 east almost into Hartford. Anyone know how route 84 is through NY??
That's the way we would go, used 84 many years ago and it was fine, but that was years ago. i will still use that route will not do the 95 thing.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
In case you are looking at the KOA map online there has been an upgrade at the campground which is not indicated on the online map. We will be assigned in sites 168-257 which are 30 amp, water electric, sewer and cable. Sites 260-266 are 50 amp, water electric, sewer and cable. The remaining patio sites are 311-314. Thanks for being attentive out there!

dalspot

We came home from Maine a few years ago and had to drop son off in Scranton - came across 84 to 81. GREAT ride... tho that was in the car, but as far as traffic goes, it was a nice ride.

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.