Will the warranty be affected if I do repairs myself?

Thats_Ok

Hi there...

We have a few broken items on a new 2012 Greystone 32RE we purchased locally this past April.
I really don't want to return the trailer to the dealer for simple warranty work.

Would it be possible to have Heartland just send us the parts?
We can do the work easily at home.
I'll say we're old hands at RV repairs after owning a few.

KIT Manufacturing used to just send me replacements if I called them while under warranty.
Is Heartland the same way?

Thanx in advance for any input here.
Regards,
jim

donr827

I had a bad light fixture which I could do myself. Called customer service and they sent me a new light fixture and I installed it. I would think that they would be more then happy to do so on most items. Saves them a lot of labor warranty cost to a repair shop.
Don

danemayer

Hi That's_OK,

Heartland has been pretty flexible with many of us and depending on what parts are needed will probably send them to you.

One thing to keep in mind is that the appliances and some subsystems are actually warrantied by their respective manufacturers. Normally when you let the dealer do the work, you don't know about these details; you just take it in and it gets fixed. But if you want a Dometic refrigerator part shipped to you, for example, Dometic can be very insistent that you go to an authorized service location for repairs. So it may not always be Heartland's choice about sending you parts and letting you do your own repairs.

On Monday, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. I'm sure you'll find them helpful.

Thats_Ok

Thanx donr and dane!
I will call HCS tomorrow for sure.

The few items are exterior things that kind of went sun damaged from the coach sitting so long at the dealer.
Nothing serious...

The inside is pristine and everything functions as advertised :)

GOTTOYS

I posted the same question on here a year or two ago. Much to my surprise, Mr. Matt Cameron, the Heartland Parts Manager called me the next day to find out what parts I needed. Now that's service! You just never know who's reading these posts...Don

ParkIt

We also had a few things that didn't require a repair shop do the work both inside and out of minor stuff, called Heart Land and they shipped out the replacement parts right away. I asked if they wanted me to ship back the originals after emailing a couple of pictures (I think that helped a bit for the replacement parts) and they said they didn't need them, it was documented in the pictures :)

Thats_Ok

Thanx again so much for the replies everyone!

Small update:
Matt Cameron from Heartland got in touch with us!
One easy return phone call and all 4 items I noted will be sent along to us.

We are extremely happy with Heartland.
It's very uplifting to find a large company that has no problem supporting the individual consumer.

Guess I need to find us a couple of Heartland T-Shirts now LOL!
:cool:

Our best to all fellow Heartlanders!
jim