Gas line quick connect and awning question.

Greengas

Hi

I am putting in an order on Monday for a new Landmark San Antonio. There was none on the dealers lot so I could not find out the answer to these two questions.

1. Is there a quick connect on the gas line, curb side, so I can plug in my gas grill?

2. I've heard that on some Heartland units you are now putting in LEDs on the awnings. Is that true and is it available in the 2014 San Antonio?

Mahalo

TXTiger

Don't know on the Landmark but on the Cyclone I have been told that the quick connect gas line is after the pressure regulator and puts out low pressure gas. Most gas grills require hi pressure. You may need to remove the pressure regulator on your grill or redo the gas line on your rigl. I just bought a hose for my grill and run it off the same propane bottle I use at home on my BBQ at home.

danemayer

Hi Greengas,

I'm pretty sure that Landmarks don't have quick connects for outside grills. But Camping World and other outlets all sell inline connectors and hoses that allow you to connect the LP tanks to your grill.

I believe the LEDs are mounted just under the awning. Here's a previous thread from a few weeks ago where the Brand Manager confirmed it.

pegmikef

Hi

1. Is there a quick connect on the gas line, curb side, so I can plug in my gas grill?

Mahalo

I don't know whether or not there is a quick connect on the Landmark, but if there is, as was mentioned earlier you can not run a regular grill off of it unless it has been modified for low pressure. There are some grills specifically designed for low pressure. I have the Olympian 5500 which works great.

K

karykatz

Greengas,

We dont install a quick connect to the gas line in the landamark, however this is something your dealer should be able to install. Also the new landmarks all have a LED light strip in the awning.

I hope this helps

doxiecouple

On my San Antonio, I installed a device available at Camping World that allows me to use an exterior LP tank for extended stay, or, with an adapter, use a gas grill. Cost is less than $40.00 as I recall. The LED lights under the main awning (and the second one if you get exterior TV) are awesome ! and come standard.