Surround Sound When Using Satellite Input

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have three inputs connected on my Sharp TV - Cable/Over Air, DVD, and Satellite. The cable/over air comes in direct to the cable in on the TV, the DVD comes from the Panasonic DVD Player/Receiver to HDMI input 5, and the Satellite from the Satellite Set Top Box to HDMI Input 6. I then have the Audio Out from the TV hooked back into the Receiver AUX in. I get surround sound from the receiver just fine with the Cable/Over Air and the DVD, but nothing from the Satellite. Any thoughts on why the audio out is not sending audio back to the receiver when in Satellite mode?

danemayer

Gus,

I was able to get the satellite receiver audio through the TV to the surround sound with the same configuration as yours, but there was a delay that caused an echo if both TV speakers and surround sound audio were on at the same time. I solved this by running an Optical TOS cable from the satellite receiver to the Panasonic surround sound.

Here's a link to our RV Audio Connections Illustrated Guide that shows the cable/connector types and some low priced sources.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus,

I was able to get the satellite receiver audio through the TV to the surround sound with the same configuration as yours, but there was a delay that caused an echo if both TV speakers and surround sound audio were on at the same time. I solved this by running an Optical TOS cable from the satellite receiver to the Panasonic surround sound.

Here's a link to our RV Audio Connections Illustrated Guide that shows the cable/connector types and some low priced sources.

Thanks Dan - Your solution worked!