Hot Water Heater Not Working On Gas

fndrbndr

We have a 2007 2900MK. The water heater works fine on electric but does not do anything on gas. The switch behind the outside cover can be turned on and it will still not light.

Does anyone know what might be wrong.

We have the Suburban 10-12 gal model.

bowtorc

There are two small sensors that are attached to the face of the the tank (probably under a rubber or plastic cover) that sense temp. and allow the the heater to ignite on gas or start on electricity. There is one button for each and the gas is probably bad but they have to be replaced as one unit. Easy to change but a little expensive at $25-$35 for the unit. I have had this problem in the past and it has always been the sensor. I just changed one on my suburban last year. Hope this helps.

Roger

davebennington

We too have this problem. I cannot find anything in my documentation about this, I don't remember if this was covered in the PDI or not I will have to dig out my video tape and review. If someone could take a picture of the inside of the heater where the control is that would be great, because at one time the wires came unhooked and I am not sure if I replaced them back correctly.

Thanks

Dave

jpmorgan37

bowtorq;

I don't know if this will help, but here is the Suburban website. Several years ago, I contacted them and they e-mailed me a complete check out procedure for a problem that I was having. Here's the link

John