Edge M21 - Need Roadside assistance advice

dplantz

Going on our first long range trip in my 2010 M21 and am thinking of getting a Roadside assistance plan. I know this is subjective advice at best but what do y'all think
I read on Good Sams and Coach.net so far.

Coach.net seems to have better users experiences, but as I am a newbie to this figured I would ask the forum.

advice? Any others you use I should look at?

dbbls59

I have had both and was entirely satisfied with both. Go with the lowest introductory offer and when it is time to renew, go with the other one's introductory offer. Works for me.

pegmikef

I can only vouch for Good Sam's. If you are a member I think it is around a hundred bucks a year. I have had it two years and I have used it twice with no problems at all. On the last call I had a blow out on a somewhat desolate stretch a little over half way from Brady, TX to San Saba, TX on a Sunday afternoon. They got a hold of someone in Brady who came all the way out and changed the tire . . . no problem at all. The other incident was in an RV resort in Thackerville, Ok, but that one was easy because it was a work day and there's a city nearby. In this case it was a truck tire. Two experiences, both positive.

danemayer

Hi dplantz,

Make sure the plan you get will tow both the trailer and tow vehicle if the tow vehicle is disabled.

Rrloren

Good Sam handles the tow vehicle and the trailer. I was removed from an Interstate a few yrs. ago with a blown tranny and they handled both pieces. I had joined just the previous month, what luck.
Since then had a trailer tire replaced and that too was handled well.

gasman

Camp Socializer
I have had a few occasions to use our Good Sam Roadside Assistance. My experiences have been 100% positive. Always prompt service by professional, efficient providers. The dispatchers have always been courteous and have called me back several times to keep me informed and to make sure everything was taken care of to my satisfaction.

dplantz

So just signed up for Good Sams, Got $5 being new member and $10 off first years Roadsides assistance. Out the door was $90 what a deal if you ask me! peace of mind now..... thanks to all the replied

pegmikef

Hehehe, my first service call was 65 bucks and I know the second one was a lot more because there was a lot of mileage involved. To me it is a bargain.

Gas20

Good Sam all the way, have used them twice for a blown tire on the Turnpike in Florida and local when my turbo on the truck, great service. Also you can cover your other vehicles you have at no extra cost.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My lone experience (so far) with Good Sam was very favorable. They sent someone out to the Goshen rally site late on a rainy Saturday and removed the flat inner dually on my truck. Even gave me a new set (7) of metal gated valve caps to replace the suspect plastic ones I had. And he couldn't find the leak after he reinflated it. The darn thing held it's air after that for two more years until replaced. Not only do they cover the trailer and tow vehicle, they also cover the wife's vehicle even though it couldn't tow anything.

pegmikef

If you are traveling in any of your other vehilcles make sure you have your card with you because you will be covered.

TheLindsays

We have had Good Sams for a year.. we used it once for a tire on the trailer... excellent service and also once on one of our other vehicles for locking the keys inside... not on a trip... it covers all your other vehicles... so we was able to drop the AAA we had for over 10 yrs and AAA cost a lot more and was not reliable. ... they will also cover your kids under a certain age and their cars if they are still at home.