Brass Check Valve?

EurekaJ

Took delivery last month - Bighorn Silverado. Looks like it came with brass check valves on the water heater?

Brass Check Valve Cold.jpgBrass Check Valve Hot.jpg

TXBobcat

Fulltime
That is an improvement. I have a 2008 Bighorn. I went to change my check valve but when I got it out all it was, was a nipple. Didn't have to put the check valve in but I did anyway seeing how I had gone that far. The reason I didn't have a check valve is most likely that I have a valve inline.

BC

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Big improvement over the plastic version.
One less thing to worry about.
Enjoy your new rig. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Kbvols

My Greystone came with brass check valves. I had bought a brass valve ready to change out and realized already brass. I'll have a spare in case I need or wil be able to use to help someone out of needed.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That is an improvement. I have a 2008 Bighorn. I went to change my check valve but when I got it out all it was, was a nipple. Didn't have to put the check valve in but I did anyway seeing how I had gone that far. The reason I didn't have a check valve is most likely that I have a valve inline.

BC
Bob, I've looked at mine and like yours, it appears to be a plain old plastic nipple. I have a brass one at the ready but if I never need it, all is good...