Heater runs ,very little air flow

Lawnlord

I have a 2011 lakeside 321bh this was the first time I used the furnace and you can hear the fan blowing and feel heat at the floor vents but no air flow I even laid a napkin over the vent an it didn't move any suggestions

danemayer

Hi Lawnlord,

RV furnaces will only run if the blower motor is pushing air at something like a minimum of 75% of full capacity. If less than 75%, it will stop altogether. So if you can hear the blower running, but no air comes out of any vents, it sounds like the air might be leaking out between the furnace and the registers. On rare occasion, duct hoses come loose and fall off the furnace or the floor register. It's also possible a critter has gotten in and chewed holes in your ducts.

You'll probably have to get into the basement where the backside of the furnace is located to see what's going on.

danemayer

Location varies by floorplan. Look on the outside for the air intake/exhaust openings. When the furnace is running, it pushes a lot of hot air out the exhaust. The ducts are on the inside of the unit. On many RVs, there's a basement storage area and the furnace is behind the basement wall.

Rickhansen

When our coach was new, we had some furnace airflow issues:
1. I stuck a vacuum cleaner hose down each vent opening and sucked out about 10 pounds of sawdust and construction debris.
2. I removed each register pan and pulled the flex ducts snug. I was able to take some kinks out of the ducts that way. I cut off any excess ductwork, literally about 12 feet, between 5 registers. I did this at the back of the furnace too. One duct had come off the back of the furnace plenum altogether and was dumping into the underbelly and basement.
3. I put aftermarket registers with dampers in the bedroom and bathroom. These were nearest the furnace and received WAY too much air. We also like it cooler in the bedroom at night.

This all made a big difference with total air volume, and put the heat (air) where it was needed. Maybe this will help you.

Mizmary

We too always vacuum as much of the registers as we can get to. Doesn't matter the brand. Here is always tons of debris down there.

It won't help with air flow- but we also put screens under the registers to keep the littles from dropping stuff (and food) down there.