ATF: Prowler - DC main power shut o#

I just purchased a Prowler29P RKS, I am looking for the main DC shutoff switch and cannot find it. can you please help me with this.

danemayer

Hi rockyemt274,

Congratulations on your Prowler and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Not every trailer comes standard with a DC/Battery cutoff switch. High-end 5th wheels do, but I'm not sure whether Prowlers have one. If you have one, it's typically near the battery and can probably be found by following the cables attached to the battery terminals. If you don't have one, they're probably available at most dealer parts departments and should be easy to install.

If no one from the factory chimes in in the next day or two, you might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
By DC voltage...you mean all the 12V power? If so remove the negative cable from the battery. Does yours have a battery disconnect switch at the battery? If so use that.

thanks for the quick responses and welcome. I have looked everywhere to no avail. I guess I am going the either install one or as advised unhook batteries... again thanks

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hey rockyemt274. Welcome to the Heartland forum and congrats on your new Prowler. I also have a Prowler 2013 20rbs that also does not have a battery disconnect. When I store my trailer I just remove the battery and bring it home with me. Where I store my trailer their has been some batteries stolen.
I also live in Redding.

Hello,

I am a little late here but I guess better late then never... I have a 2013 Prowler 27pbhs and I did not have a main battery disconnect switch. My understanding from my dealer is that Heartland dose not install them on the Prowler. I eneded up installing one myself, it looks like all the normal ones you see witht he red key i picked it up from my local auto parts store. I eneded up installing mine on the inside of my trailer next to the converter panel. The main 12v supply to the trailer was really easy to get to there plus with it being inside it keeps the switch out of the weather. the only down fall is you need to remember prior to towing that you have to go into the trailer and turn the switch on. But so far it has worked well for me.