• Number of sites held: 18 to start
  • Site fee: $45 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 9/14/2013
  • Potluck time: 5:00pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: skyguy(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
So much to do in Colorado Springs, we have added one day to the Rally! Come join us Wednesday through Sunday. You may stay longer or shorter, just make your reservations accordingly.

RESERVATION PROCEDURE:
1. Call the resort at 1.800.248.9451, ask for Betsy, (although anyone can help you), tell them you are with the Heartland Owners Club, and place your reservation for the dates you wish to stay. There should be a 10% discount per night for the group.
2. Mail a check for $10 to hold your reservation to "The Al Guy", Al Schlafli, 801 Sirius Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80905. Your check will be deposited shortly after receipt. Please include model of RV, and length. The Colorado Chapter paid the campground a $10 deposit per rig up front. Your $10 check, payable to "Al Schlafli" will repay your $10 deposit paid up front to the campground.
3. Be prepared to pay the entire fee for your stay to the campground (less the $10) by August 11, 2013! The Park has had issues with group cancellations (we assured her we have never done this), but this is their no waiver policy.

Cancellation Policy: Up to three days before your reservation, full refund LESS $25.00. After three days, refund less one day's stay.

If you look at the map of the Resort, we will be staying in the 'S' loop, lower left corner of the map. Yes these are all BACK IN sites, but wide sites and lots of room to park.

There are so many things to do around Colorado Springs! If there is interest, we will organize a trip up Pikes Peak, America's Most Famous Mountain. I personally worked up there for 15 years, my son works there as a Manager now. Possibly organize a split trip by Cog Train / auto if there is interest. Late afternoon/evening trip to 7-Falls, to see the falls by day and night. Possible trip to Cripple Creek for gambling. Free trips to Garden of the Gods, Air Force Academy, shopping in historic Manitou Springs (perfect for last minute Christmas gifts)... SO MUCH TO DO!!!

There will be a raffle held during the rally, for a VuQube 1000, a portable satellite dish that works with either Dish or DirecTV.

You will not want to miss this RALLY!

(This Resort is Monica-Don approved!!!)

Your Wagonmaster:
Al Schlafli

Confirmed Rally Attendees:
1. Don Monica Ashby (Chapter Leaders)
2. Al Rexann Schlafli (Wagonmaster)
3. Ted S. (PAID - Thanks, Ted!)
4. David and Maureen Krauth (PAID)
5. Ron and Sarah Greengas (deposit not paid)
6. Gregg and Linda Wibbels (PAID - thank you!)
7. Bill and Tena Burton (PAID - Thank You!)
8. Terry and June Rainwater (PAID - Thank you!)
9. Bill and Deanna Haynes (deposit not paid)
10 Tim and Rae Moore (PAID)
11 Randy and Kathy Reano (attending, not staying)
12 Steve and Susan Frank (PAID)
13 Mark and Susan Bauman (deposit not paid)
14 Morris and Keathe Hanley (deposit not paid)

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
If we are calling the RV park to make the reservations, why aren't we paying them direct? I assume they will take a credit cards and apply the group 10% discount as well...yes or no?????
Garry

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
The reason $10 is being paid to Al is because the Colorado Chapter had to make a down payment to the Campground in order to "secure" the sites we were wanting. Since Al is the official "wagonmaster" he will collect the needed $10, along with your rig information (which was requested by the campground). The rig info will be turned into the campground and the $10 will be deposited back into Colorado Chapter's account. The campground will assign each rig a specific site (in the group area we will be in) according to the rig's length.
I hope this helps...if not, don't hesitate to ask:)

Monica
Colorado Chapter Leader

StarryNight

If we are calling the RV park to make the reservations, why aren't we paying them direct? I assume they will take a credit cards and apply the group 10% discount as well...yes or no?????
Garry

Please refer to post #5 for answer to first part of question...as to the second & third questions...yes, they will take credit cards and yes, the 10% discount will apply...I would certainly double check what the amount is, minus the $10, for the number of days you will be there.

StarryNight

FYI: In the July 2013 Trailer Life magazine, page 67 there is a brief write-up for the Garden of the Gods Campground, titled "RV Resort Renovation".

Greengas

Are there still space available? My DW and I live in Denver and we will be working Wednesday thru Friday but we can commute so we can at least spend the evenings with the group and then have all day Saturday and Sunday. Of course, all of this is based on our new Landmark being delivered on time :)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We stayed here three years ago with two of our grandsons and loved it! It's a great place and pretty central to all the local attractions. I'm sure it's even better now with the renovations.

Wish we could come...

Wow I we already have reservations up at state forest in ROMNF for sep 11- 14 with family. I'm sure going to miss our first operatunity to meet up with all of you guys. Have fun!

skyguy

Just a reminder to folks, less than two weeks left to make your reservations at Garden of the Gods RV Resort (1-800-248-9451, ask for Betsy)! No wildfires, no floods, Colorado Springs is green and beautiful after the recent rains! And the wildflowers!

Hope to see you there!

Al S.
Wagonmaster

rjr6150

Not going to give it away but one of our members will have a new bundle of joy to show off. I believe it's birthday is around 8/16-8/17. This baby will knock your socks off.

skyguy

Bill and Tena Burton -
Got your deposit today - thank you!!

Randy - thanks for the tip!

Al Schlafli

rjr6150

Bill and Tena Burton -
Got your deposit today - thank you!!

Randy - thanks for the tip!

Al Schlafli

No problem Al. Sorry we're not going to make the rally. Kathy is taking her folks on a trip and I'm stuck home getting ready to leave 9/16. Going back east to check out the fall colors with three other couples.

gwalter

We have reservations for Fri & Sat. Will be there Fri noon. as our grandson has a football game Thurs nite. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.