Unable to locate antenna booster switch

GWZ1948

We have search for several days to locate the "antenna booster switch" in our 2013 Bighorn 3610 RE. The techs at the local dealership have shown me the location in several models on the lot. However, I am unable to locate mine anywhere!! Bedroom ceiling behind TV, in and around the Entertainment Center in living room even behind the fireplace. Called Heartland Customer Service and Justin walked me through all areas that his diagrams show to look!! Still no "booster switch" found. The "over the air" reception is very weak at best and we are unable to power down the booster switch to enable cable reception.:confused: Any secret locations that other owners have found to locate the coveted "booster switch"???? Momma's getting tired of watching "Wheel of Fortune" and the College World Series is on the horizon!! Any and all hints will be graciously entertained. Thanks!

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Mine is high on the front wall in the closet. You've probably already looked there. Good Luck.

Theresau

It's in the left most closet under the mirrored cabinet. Also, that is where you would switch from cable to satellite for the bedroom.

We have search for several days to locate the "antenna booster switch" in our 2013 Bighorn 3610 RE. The techs at the local dealership have shown me the location in several models on the lot. However, I am unable to locate mine anywhere!! Bedroom ceiling behind TV, in and around the Entertainment Center in living room even behind the fireplace. Called Heartland Customer Service and Justin walked me through all areas that his diagrams show to look!! Still no "booster switch" found. The "over the air" reception is very weak at best and we are unable to power down the booster switch to enable cable reception.:confused: Any secret locations that other owners have found to locate the coveted "booster switch"???? Momma's getting tired of watching "Wheel of Fortune" and the College World Series is on the horizon!! Any and all hints will be graciously entertained. Thanks!

GWZ1948

Will definitely check out the wash-house closet when I get home from work tonite!! I do recall seeing a short coax stub back in there, just never thought to check it out for the switch!! WOO-HOO! Might get to see the CWS yet...will let you know what I find in there! Thanks.

Theresau

Let me know how it goes. When we did our PDI - I thought the booster was missing and then somehow I noted it in the closet. Then I thought they didn't provide satellite in the bedroom and then realized that you switched this in the closet (don't like that set up actually).

WOW! More than one place to look tonite...I'm sure to find something in one or the other!! Thanks, again.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Let me know how it goes. When we did our PDI - I thought the booster was missing and then somehow I noted it in the closet. Then I thought they didn't provide satellite in the bedroom and then realized that you switched this in the closet (don't like that set up actually).

Me either. At first I thought I could put my receiver in there but can't. Lol. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWZ1948

Yahoo! Found the "booster switch" above the top shelf in the laundry closet! Over the air reception improved 100% with the switch turned ON - GO FIGURE! Now I will have to get all the stars to align and attempt to get Campground Cable through my TV. Just in time for the CWS - Geaux LSU Tigers!

Theresau

You probably already know this but you have to turn off the booster in order to get cable in clearly.

Yahoo! Found the "booster switch" above the top shelf in the laundry closet! Over the air reception improved 100% with the switch turned ON - GO FIGURE! Now I will have to get all the stars to align and attempt to get Campground Cable through my TV. Just in time for the CWS - Geaux LSU Tigers!

GWZ1948

Yes, I know to turn off the booster to get cable. However, earlier while searching for the "switch" (which was in the "off" position when located) I did hook up to CG cable and was unable to received any cable programming. Do I have to program my TV (Toshiba brand) through the menu to capture cable programs? I know, I know -READ THE INSTRUCTIONS... That will come in time (when necessary!!:D)

Theresau

You need to select Cable (as I recall source/input is Air and then Antenna or Cable) and then run auto program to capture the channels.

Yes, I know to turn off the booster to get cable. However, earlier while searching for the "switch" (which was in the "off" position when located) I did hook up to CG cable and was unable to received any cable programming. Do I have to program my TV (Toshiba brand) through the menu to capture cable programs? I know, I know -READ THE INSTRUCTIONS... That will come in time (when necessary!!:D)

GWZ1948

Thanks to all responders!!! Got cable reception flowing thru my TV Saturday - only to see my LSU Tigers lose a close one Sunday night...:(:( This site is really a great avenue for all Heartland owners (new and old) to get excellent hands-on information from those in-the-know RVers! I'm looking to the time I can pay it forward to a fellow camper in need.

Black cable in the closet

We are new to the Bighorn world and bought our 2013 3070RL last month. I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but what is the black cable in the closet located by the antenna booster and coax cables. It has a black end on it and 5-6 mini female ports to plug into something. the cable comes out from the wall a foot or so?? Anyone know about this? Thanks for all the info!