ATF: North Trail - Shower floor

rmiller10

We just purchased a 2013 North trail 22FBS and we noticed that the shower floor has soft spots (facing the shower - at the front and right side) that feel as if we may fall through. Is this normal and if so will we fall through? I think it probably has to do with the plumbing but I am very uncomfortable with how soft the areas are. Please advise. Thank you.

danemayer

Hi rmiller10,

Congratulations on your new North Trail and welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners forum.

If the shower floor gives a lot, there could be a problem with the supports underneath that needs to be corrected. You'll probably have to have it evaluated by your dealer technician. If they tell you it's normal, you still might want to discuss with Heartland Customer Service and at least have it logged in by Heartland in case you have to have another discussion about it in the future.

mbopp

I had the same issue in our 21FBS. I removed the shower access panel and noticed quite a bit of the shower floor support was removed to install the trap and drain. I managed to get a few pieces of 2X4 and split shims wedged and glued in there. We'll see how it feels the next trip out.

The supports are not there so that you can get to the drain pipes in case of a leak. I took a 2x4 and a couple blocks and wedged them in to hold the 2x4 tight against the under side of the floor. It has worked great for 2 years now.