RV wash service

Owenfamily

Does anyone know of a good mobile RV detail or a place I can take my coach to have it cleaned. I don't want anyone to power wash the roof I want it hand washed with a brush. I live near the Denton/Dallas/Ft Worth area. It has been sitting for a few months as I dislocated my shoulder mountain biking and now I'm ready to start using it again. BTW I got very lucky with this shoulder. I did not tear anything near the rotator cuff.
Thank you,
David

wdk450

I have used a local Truckstop truck wash in Sacramento. It uses a spray gantry along with a crew of workers using wash brushes, and also offers the Rain-X treatment.
BTW, I use that truckwash a lot more frequently for my Dodge dually diesel. I can't get that done at regular car washes due to the dually rear wheels (except the expensive hand wash option).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our experiences is that Blue Beacons do not wash the roof, just the sides/front/back and tow vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

Too bad there's not one in Austin. Closest one is in San antonio. Guess i'll have to continue using the power washer.

wdk450

Our experiences is that Blue Beacons do not wash the roof, just the sides/front/back and tow vehicle.

Do they apply the Rain-X body treatment without washing the roof??? I would think that their normal customers (i.e. Truckers) would want their roofs washed.

To the original poster: Why not do internet searches for RV detailers, call local RV dealers and ask how they keep their sales stock clean, call area truckstops and see if they have (or know of) truck washing services, and how these services are done? While making my 2000 mile trip East on I-80 to the Rally, I saw quite a few freestanding, independent (not at truckstops) truck washing companies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

The Blue Beacon near my home has overhead spray nozzles and those are used to wash the roof. Not as good as a brush scrubbing, but better than nothing. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Blue Beacon near my home has overhead spray nozzles and those are used to wash the roof. Not as good as a brush scrubbing, but better than nothing. :)

Oh! Well, I thought I read somewhere they didn't do the roof... And I haven't seen them spraying from above, so did not know that! Good to hear, if they do.

Porkchop

Looks like we have one in NJ as well, near where we park the RV... the price seems pretty decent. Something like $50 for a wash?

oldmannj

Looks like we have one in NJ as well, near where we park the RV... the price seems pretty decent. Something like $50 for a wash?

The Blue Beacon is in the lot for the Petro truck stop in Bordentown on rte 206. "there may be others but I'm not certain". There is also a truck wash that will do rv's in Paulsboro behind the Travel centers of America truck stop. (I295 at exit 18) A bit dingier but I'm bettin' less expensive too. ED. :angel: