Air conditioner drain on Trailrunner Scout

Carmenh

I've had my Trailrunner out in the rain twice. Both times it was muggy as well and I used the air conditioner. After driving home, I've found the cushions under the AC soaked :(. I think it's the AC, not the rain, but I'm not sure. It can definitely sit in pouring rain and not leak. Where is the AC supposed to drain to? Should I be able to see it? I really don't want to remove the outside grill or the AC itself to find out where it's coming from. It's under warranty but I don't believe I have a Heartland dealer near me, I bought it in Michigan and live in Ontario...

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
A few things can cause water to drip down the AC grill inside your RV. A plugged condensate drain, low freon charge and or low fan speed will cause the coil to ice up then melt after the AC is off.

oldmannj

My Trailrunner 28RK A/C drain is on top of the roof. When you run the A/C on mine you get a definite drip off the roof of the trailer. If you haven't gotten this obvious water drainage I would suspect a clogged roof drain. It is my understanding that if pre-approved the work doesn't always have to be done by a dealer. No personal experience but I've read that several times in here ED.

danemayer

If there's a nearby repair facility, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask for authorization to use the nearby place.

If you don't know of a nearby place, Customer Service may be able to help you locate one.

Carmenh

Sigh... It's looking like Heartland fully enclosed the AC without any plan for drainage. (The filter that is supposed to be maintained isn't accessible either.) The AC is supposed to evap out the water but cannot keep up with it either because of humidity or because its so enclosed. So it goes into a pan and then sloshes into the trailer :(. The closest HL repair center they gave me won't do service because they're no longer a dealer, and the next one is booking into late July :(. I have 4 maybe 5 weekend trips planned before that.
Don't know that it's fixable anyhow.
Very disappointed :(

donr827

With pre approval from HL customer service you can have a problem fixed by a repair shop that is close by. Give customer service a call and explain your problem.
Don