ATF: Gateway - 3650BH TV mount options in master bedroom

kernst

I would like to mount a TV to the wall in the master bedroom. A stud finder isn't working too well due to the wood-foam-wood sandwich construction of the walls. Are there any wood or aluminum studs in this part of the wall that I can drill/screw into for a TV mount? If so, what's the best way to find the studs. See attached pic for location I'm referring to, on the wall there above the dresser.

Thank you,
Kurt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 140

danemayer

I would like to mount a TV to the wall in the master bedroom. A stud finder isn't working too well due to the wood-foam-wood sandwich construction of the walls. Are there any wood or aluminum studs in this part of the wall that I can drill/screw into for a TV mount? If so, what's the best way to find the studs. See attached pic for location I'm referring to, on the wall there above the dresser.

Thank you,
Kurt

Hi Kernst,

Might be best to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you if there's a backing plate inside the wall for a TV mount, and if so, where it's located.

Theresau

Joe was able to find a horizontal stud as well as an aluminum vertical stud. We were told that the area is prepped. We put it above the dresser - we have a 2014 BC too.

Thank you,
Kurt

kernst

I received a direct email from Heartland stating, "In this bed room design the bedroom TV was designed to sit on the dresser. To install a wall mount it will need the addition a backer board secured with hollow wall anchors and then the TV bracket attach to that." I assume that means that there are no wood or metal studs in that area of the wall.

GWRam

Depending on when your unit was made Heartland started putting tube bracing in the wall over the dresser. Just call them with your VIN and they can tell you if you have the tubing and were it is in the wall. Our 3650BH was made in sept 2013 and they were doing it then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Turtlpwr

FYI - I just called Heartland yesterday and they said there was no backing put in mine. Mine rolled off of the line in December 2013. Looks like not all of the units are getting the backing in the master. :confused:

Depending on when your unit was made Heartland started putting tube bracing in the wall over the dresser. Just call them with your VIN and they can tell you if you have the tubing and were it is in the wall. Our 3650BH was made in sept 2013 and they were doing it then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GWRam

FYI - I just called Heartland yesterday and they said there was no backing put in mine. Mine rolled off of the line in December 2013. Looks like not all of the units are getting the backing in the master. :confused:

All I can tell you is what they told me.

I was very hesitant to go drilling random holes in my wall looking for a backer. I had the information for a couple months and just last weekend finally did this mod.

The measurements they gave me for the backer in (My Unit) a Sept 16th 2013 production model (use at your own risk) were this. 19 3/4"-25 3/4" aft of where the ceiling trim had the angle cut. (where ceiling starts sloping down toward fwd cap). and 10 1/4" down from ceiling is the top of the backer. I measured the backer location 10 or 11 times and then calculated the mounting bracket height based on the tv and the ceiling speaker clearance needed. Then marked mounting bracket bolt locations with a pencil. I took the smallest brad I could find and tapped it into the luan wall board at the first pencil mark. As the brad went through the luan board depth it bent in half as it hit the backer. Second pencil mark same result. I then used a very small drill bit to check for wall backer and metal both times. Followed by larger drill bits then bolted bracket to wall. Worked great. Rock solid. Dave
photo(23).JPGphoto(25).JPGphoto(24).JPGphoto(26).JPG