mixed up our breakers

herefishy

In trying to solve another issue, we mixed up the breakers in the box, so no longer know which one is to the converter - how can you tell if the converter is running? We need to turn off the converter to run with the batteries.

jnbhobe

In trying to solve another issue, we mixed up the breakers in the box, so no longer know which one is to the converter - how can you tell if the converter is running? We need to turn off the converter to run with the batteries.

Why??

herefishy

I meant to say when we turn on the inverter(that is connected to everything in the trailer when on) we want to turn off theconverter.

danemayer

You can take down the basement wall and observe/listen to the fan on the converter. Or measure the voltage at the outlet the converter is plugged into. Or you can measure the voltage at the battery: if over 13V, power is getting from the converter to the battery.

But I'd second Jon's question. Why do you need to turn the converter off? The only reason I know of is if you're feeding the batteries into an inverter that's powering the main circuit breaker box and you don't want a loop.

57chevyconvt

Just a thought. If you disconnect the battery and run on shore power to supply 12 VDC to the lights via the converter, you can then turn of the breakers one at a time until the lights go out. Dan Mayer, what do think about this idea?

danemayer

I agree. With battery disconnected, the converter will power the 12v interior lights until you hit the breaker feeding the converter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD