Cleaning stove top

Gas20

Hello Ladies

My wife would like to know what other ladies use on their stove top after cooking especially where grease is involved. Thanks

ParkIt

Once you do the above use a marine wax or fabric softener sheet (unscented) to keep food from sticking.
Grandpa use marine wax on the stove top, fridge (the older flat style), sinks and tubs in the house. Quick wipe with a dry paper towel everything was clean again and not slippery. He also used a bit of wax paper to rub on sticky door locks, keys, and screw in light bulbs.

kowAlski631

Never had a lot of success with using marine wax on interior surfaces either on our boats or RV.

I've had the best successes with "Formula 409" & "Clorox Greenworks". If there are streaks, I use "Glassworks" which I prefer over "Windex". Biggest secret I have is to clean as I go so that any spills don't have the chance to stick.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dawn dish soap and a well used scotchbrite. Dry with a towel. I suppose some sort of polish might help make it easier to clean in the future but we've never tried.

MTPockets

Dawn dish soap and a well used scotchbrite. Dry with a towel. I suppose some sort of polish might help make it easier to clean in the future but we've never tried.
I do all the dishes and clean-up after she does all the preparation and cooking.... Dawn and scotchbrite sponge works well, occasional 409, along with paper towel for final rub down - has kept stove and counters, sinks, microwave, etc.. looking as good as new in over a year of continuous use.... The trick for me is to clean it immediately upon conclusion of meal.

Mizmary

I agree. Cleaning it up right away works. I use glass cleaner. Or a damp washcloth. If its tough i use a no scratch sponge.

RanCarr

I also use the products already mentioned. I find anything with Ammonia will remove greasy spatters the best. We seldom fry anything as fried food is so unhealthy. Since I prepare and cook the meals my husband does the clean-up. It's done after each meal before anything really gets to stick and smell funky. I don't care for a black stove though as every speck of dust shows up minutes after clean-up.

Crumgater

Depends on the size of the mess... a paper towel, clorox wipe and/or 409.

We also cut out pieces of silicone oven liner to put around the burners which helps TONS with sticky stuff.

Mrsfish

Simple green. It's a staple for removing anything greasy- stove tops, wheels, grills and the grill interior. It comes as a concentrated spray, so adjust to the job.