What is the Dsi flt light's function?

blkdodge

What is this DSI FLT light for? It came on briefly yesterday for the first time that I have ever seen it. I couldn't find anything in the book about it. I thought DSI FLT was a water filter but I sure cant find one if I have one.

Thoughts?

danemayer

Re: Dsi flt light

Hi bulk dodge,

I see you posted this under water systems. Is this a water heater light you're asking about? DSI might stand for direct spark ignition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lynn1130

It will only come on when it needs to light the propane flame for the water heater. You will see it come on when you first flip the switch for the water heater and it will stay on until the heater fires. Sometimes it will give you the "fault" light if it does not fire right away but it will try again until it lights. If it gives you a solid fault light for a long period of time, check your propane to be sure it is on and not empty.

Basically it is telling you that the electronic spark is firing to light the propane.

I should add that this is something different from the 120 V electric heater switch. It only relates to the propane fired heat.

ParkIt

Derail - acronyms are funny to me, "Dsi Flt" I'd probably think "Don't Stop Immediately, Flying Like (a) Turkey".

Sorry, have had a long day already so my mind is on a lunch break and goes to goofy land ;)

blkdodge

Ok I will take the hits for being ignorant.
I was looking at this without my glasses then after I put my glasses on I realized the water heater was on propane and not 120v like I left it. Somehow they got switched. Problem solved.

Lynn1130

The last time that I looked at something without my glasses and made a decision to act was a critter on the floor that I thought was a cricket. I was about to stomp on it with my bare feet when I took a closer look and determined it was a bark scorpion (nasty little buggers). That convinced me to use my glasses before making a decision on action. ;)

Not ignorance just a learning process.