2014 Landmark ordering questions

jbbdc

I have an order form for the Landmark. I need to ask some questions here because I suspect this form may be lacking in areas. I would ask the dealership these questions but getting a reply has been hit-or-miss lately.

-It lists the Shurflo 5.7 as the standard water pump. I read within these forums that the 5.7 was discontinued. Shurflo still has it listed on their website. What pump should I expect to get on a 2014 Landmark?
-Can LED awning lights be ordered on the Landmark?
-Has anyone requested a 30 amp plug on the front near the generator door for hooking up a truck mounted generator? I know DRV does this often.
-What size inverter is included with the residential fridge option?

Thanks!

danemayer

Hi jbbdc,

The awning Led is standard on new Landmarks.

I think the inverter is dedicated to the residential refrigerator circuit and the power from it isn't available for other devices. I don't know the spec, but it's sufficient for the refrigerator.

If the spec is of concern to you, and to get answers to your other questions, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030.

Ask to speak with the Landmark Brand Manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
I have an order form for the Landmark. I need to ask some questions here because I suspect this form may be lacking in areas. I would ask the dealership these questions but getting a reply has been hit-or-miss lately.

-It lists the Shurflo 5.7 as the standard water pump. I read within these forums that the 5.7 was discontinued. Shurflo still has it listed on their website. What pump should I expect to get on a 2014 Landmark?
-Can LED awning lights be ordered on the Landmark?
-Has anyone requested a 30 amp plug on the front near the generator door for hooking up a truck mounted generator? I know DRV does this often.
-What size inverter is included with the residential fridge option?

Thanks!

Hi jbbdc,

1. My Landmark just came in May 4th and it does have the Shurflo 5.7 water pump on it. Can't say about future ones but mine does.
2. The LED awning lights came as standard equipment on my main awning and on the one over the outside entertainment center I ordered also.
3. You can check with Heartland about the 30 amp plug. I began yesterday installing my own 30 amp plug for my truck held gennies just as I did on my previous Bighorn.
I do it myself so I can cut the hole where I want it to run the cord to the truck. I put the hole in the bottom and not on the front wall.
4. Mine came with a 1000watt Magnum Inverter with a separate battery dedicated to the refrigerator.

Hope this helps.

jbbdc

Thanks for the replies!

Mountain, is generator prep are required option when doing the 30 amp mod? I assume it would make it easier from a wiring and auto changeover standpoint.
I see in your signature you opted for 8K axles with larger brakes. Are those disc brakes?
Are 17.5" wheels/tires available when upping to 8k axles?

Jim

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the replies!

Mountain, is generator prep are required option when doing the 30 amp mod? I assume it would make it easier from a wiring and auto changeover standpoint.
I see in your signature you opted for 8K axles with larger brakes. Are those disc brakes?
Are 17.5" wheels/tires available when upping to 8k axles?

Jim

Jim,

Unless you are going to install your own transfer switch and related wiring and connections, then yes, the gen prep is required. While I could have installed those components myself a little cheaper (but more work on me), I would not have had the sheet metal generator box that is installed in the front compartment during the build. Even though I use my gennies in the truck bed, I do store my dual Honda EU2000's in the front generator compartment once I arrive on location so I do not have to leave them in my truck bed or sitting out in the open. Having the gen box then keeps any gas fumes from entering my coach. So Yes, Gen Prep makes for easier connecting of the 30amp plug.

And no, the 8K axles are not disc brakes (wish they had been), just larger shoes and drums and heavier springs. Although after only one trip so far in the new coach I definitely could tell the difference in stopping power compared to my old Bighorn 3600RE with the standard 2" shoes and drums. Tires/wheels are also only 16". The disc brakes and larger tires were not an option on the build sheet I was given at the dealer to select options from. If they had been I would have certainly ordered them.

Ricky