water filters

jbeletti

Burt,

I use the whole-house canister system that takes the cartridges. I use two of them in series (sediment, then bacteria. I bought my setup from the RV Water Filter Store.

The system I have is their item B2408. Here's their description:
Dual Canisters, Both White,
w/ Mounting Bracket
plus 2 RV-SED1 and
1 CBC-KDF filter cartridges
$80.95

Image:
CanDualWhiteRVSEDCBCKDF.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim, I plan on doing the same set up. Have you been using this set up for a long time now? I know you also use a softener. Has the combo of softener/filters helped reduce or eliminate calcium build up in the hot water heater? Do you put the softener before or after the filters? My guess would be after.

Lambchop

Hi all,

I have the same setup...only I have the clear filters so I can see what's going on. I made a bracket & hang them both under the slide next to the city water hookup. When packing up to leave, make sure you remove the bracket before the better half pulls the slides in!
We use our 5th wheel about 7 months out of the year, so it gets a lot of use. Since I done this set up year ago, I have less crap to blow out.

Lambchop

jbeletti

Lambchop,

On the clear filter housings, make sure to keep them out of the sunlight as sunlight can promote certain bacteria growth (think I read that somewhere).

Ray,

I use the softener after the filters. I have used the filters for 2 seasons and the softener for 1 season. Honestly, I did not purge my water heater tank this year to see if the softener helped it and the anode rod. I dropped it off at the service center to be gone through and to be winterized.

I can tell you that we felt a difference on our skin with the softener inline and I felt a lot better about drinking the coffee made with the filtered and softened water.

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
My system looks like the picture Jim has posted. I went to Lowes and purchased Whirlpool whole house filters ($15.00 ea.) and fittings are in stock there also. If one puts together there system its a lot cheaper than ready made and takes all of ten minutes ,20 minutes if your drinking a cold one.;) ....Ken