Electric beds working one side only......

oscar

One side of the split bench is coming up..... but the rod that transfers to the other side is not moving......anyone seen this?

oscar

OK, solved my problem. Credit to HL customer service. Beds are Happijack and HL rep got HJ rep on phone and in 3-way conversation we solved the problem.

If you ever have the same problem I can explain it in more detail. No time to type it all up, but the short version is that the hex connector rod that goes into the rod and the motor works it's way out of the motor into the rod. Release set screw, re-position into the motor and viola. (the "C" clip needs to be flush up to the motor.) But, you need to lift the "slave" side about a half inch before inserting, to make it go up a hair sooner, then the motor side tightens up in the end so you can get all the pins in.

Mizmary

Hmm. I wonder if I could make this happen in reverse. I would love to use half of the bottom bunk and have the other half raise to the top.

oscar

Hmm. I wonder if I could make this happen in reverse. I would love to use half of the bottom bunk and have the other half raise to the top.

If you don't have the top bunk, or if you pin the top bunk up it's a matter of a small allen wrench. Loosen the set screw in the round part of the tube and slide the hex connector into the tube. Suspend with a bungee or something. Now only the door side will go up.

Mizmary

Well, ideally I would like the top bunk to house one tiny human. And the bottom 1/2 to house the other. For now we have normal bunk beds in there that we strap down for travel until we figure out how to keep the littlest from falling out of bed.

HotRod

I can only pin one side of the top bed on my 4100 king. is that the same problem you were having and if so could you explain a little more in detail what I need to do to correct this. Thanks

oscar

I can only pin one side of the top bed on my 4100 king. is that the same problem you were having and if so could you explain a little more in detail what I need to do to correct this. Thanks

It may be out of alignment….. slightly. Call Happijack and have them talk you through the alignment procedure.