How Cool Was This

Rodbuster

Yesterday (Thursday morning) we received a call from Ron Dickeson. Ron is the Regional Sales Manager for Heartland. He told us that the coach that we ordered back in May just came off the assembly line that morning and that it was ready to be shipped off to paint. He mentioned that if we wanted to see it, he would hold it up long enough for us to get down there. Are you kidding, "If We Wanted To See It"....Fran and I were on our way within the hour.

When we got there we met up with Ron and he took us out to our coach. When we got to our coach, which by the way, is a 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon, he told us to take our time and look over anything that we wanted to.
What a great feeling it was, to see our new toy. We were pleased with some changes that were made since the time that we ordered our unit back in May. A couple of the changes were; they did away with the 4 foot sewer hose storage tube that ran under your storage compartment on the road side. Now they have a 8 foot storage tube that runs all the way across the coach and is located right in back of the landing gear. Another change is the storage mechanism for the spare tire. The tire is still located in the same area but the way to access it seems better.

Fran and I are so very pleased with the whole Heartland organization.
When we get home our new coach will be waiting for us in Florida because we will be spending about 3 weeks in Michigan after the Goshen Rally.

Dick

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congrats Dick & Fran. Nice to get to see the new rig before it get to the dealer. I think Lance is happy too because it's something new he might get to blow up.:cool:

jbeletti

That's awesome Dick and Fran. Ron really likes to take care of his customers. Congrats on seeing your newborn :)

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Yesterday (Thursday morning) we received a call from Ron Dickeson. Ron is the Regional Sales Manager for Heartland. He told us that the coach that we ordered back in May just came off the assembly line that morning and that it was ready to be shipped off to paint. He mentioned that if we wanted to see it, he would hold it up long enough for us to get down there. Are you kidding, "If We Wanted To See It"....Fran and I were on our way within the hour.

When we got there we met up with Ron and he took us out to our coach. When we got to our coach, which by the way, is a 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon, he told us to take our time and look over anything that we wanted to.
What a great feeling it was, to see our new toy. We were pleased with some changes that were made since the time that we ordered our unit back in May. A couple of the changes were; they did away with the 4 foot sewer hose storage tube that ran under your storage compartment on the road side. Now they have a 8 foot storage tube that runs all the way across the coach and is located right in back of the landing gear. Another change is the storage mechanism for the spare tire. The tire is still located in the same area but the way to access it seems better.

Fran and I are so very pleased with the whole Heartland organization.
When we get home our new coach will be waiting for us in Florida because we will be spending about 3 weeks in Michigan after the Goshen Rally.

Dick

Sounds great. Glad you got to get a look at it. Just helps build the anticipation doesn't it. :)

Wish they had installed the 8 foot sewer storage tube on mine. Picked my Key Largo up 6 weeks ago and it still has the 4 foot side mounted one. The plastic brackets are so thin and flimsy that there is no doubt in my mind that it will break off soon due to road vibration, especially with the weight of a sewer hose inside it. Afraid to even use it.

K

karykatz

Thanks Dick for the kind words. We are very happy to have you in the heartland family!!! Enjoy your new unit when yoiu get back to Florida

dix36

Too bad they can't hold it here for you to pick it up on the way back from Michigan! Hope to see you on another golf course soon.

4ever

Congratulations on the new rig. That is great. We just picked up our Grand Canyon 2 weeks ago. We have the 4 foot tube on the side. Can't even get my hose into it. Sure wish we had the 8 foot like you. Guess we will just have to put one in. Good luck with your rig.