Seeking dealership advice on 2014 Landmark purchase

jbbdc

I believe we're getting close to making a decision.

Can anyone offer up the name of a dealership where they feel they got the best deal on a Landmark? We live in Florida but are willing to travel for significant savings. When we purchased our last DRV 5'er we traveled to Indiana because the savings far exceeded the cost of the trip. Dealerships in FL wouldn't entertain similar offers.

I'm not asking anyone to publicly post the actual deal they got as I know that's against forum rules. However, I'd welcome a PM from anyone willing to share their positive pricing experience.

More intent is twofold. I want to negotiate the best deal. I also want to support a dealership where customers are treated fairly while still being able to make a reasonable profit. I believe a business should be profitable without taking advantage of their customers.

Thank you.

danemayer

Hi jbbdc,

A lot of people have had good experiences with RV Capital Wholesalers (aka Great Lakes) in Elkhart, IN, or RVs for Less in Tennessee. Both will give you competitive quotes for the exact configuration and options that you want.

If you buy long distance, you may want to check out local service shops that would be willing to work with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jbbdc

We will be full timing with this trailer so a local dealership won't be of concern. I do all of my own repair work anyway. In over 20 years of rv'ing I've never taken a unit in for service (knock on wood). It would have to be something serious, like structural, and I haven't encountered that yet, even with entry level trailers. When our DRV was under warranty I needed to replace a couple small parts. They mailed them to me and I returned the broken items. It was a good arrangement.

I'm familiar with RVs for Less and have been in contact with them. Still waiting on a response from another dealership as well. We'll see.

Anyway, thanks all. I'm finding this group to be friendly and helpful.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I second Great Lakes but make sure Scott is there when doing your pdi as things went down hill when he was out the one day we needed him to be there. Otherwise we had a good experience with them and joe did not give up one even though it took us longer than expected to get our ducks in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wqmiller

Hello jibbed,

We had a great experience with Great Lakes with the purchase of a San Antonio in April 2012. Got the best price of three quotes. The PDI was complete with no problems when RV was delivered to us in AL. I would definitely buy through them again.

Quinton Miller

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk