Campground Suggestions please

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We need some input from you folks that have been wintering in the south for a few years. We're in our 2nd year in Corpus Christi and even though we like this campground and area we want to explore other options/areas. We would like to find a place in either Arizona or Florida that might meet our needs. Requirements would be Full hook-ups of course. Large paved sites with some grass in between if possible. Quiet but not too far from shopping areas. Priced around $400/mo. Decent weather too! Thanks for any help.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Tiki Village in Lakeland FL is $495 + electric if you stay at least two months. While it is right off of I-4 (exit 32), it is fairly quiet. There is a mall about three blocks away on the other side of US 98. Lots of restaurants nearby. Folks that run it are pretty accommodating and friendly. There is a pool and a clubhouse and golf is nearby.

http://www.tikivillagecampground.com/

If you like strawberry shortcake, it is only about 13 miles away from Plant City where that is available from January through April at a reasonable price.

Lakeland is the winter home of the Detroit Tigers and reasonably priced tickets are available from late February to end of March. Stadium is about two miles away. Lots of other spring training sites nearby.

Disney World is about 35 miles east on I-4. Lots of good TV stations come in on antenna.

This will be our third winter at Tiki Village. Lots of folks return every year.

Princess Kathleen

Check out rvparkreviews.com......they list by states, then by city, and you can even search....shows campgrounds with reviews and websites if available.

PK

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Princess Kathleen said:
Check out rvparkreview.com......they list by states, then by city, and you can even search....shows campgrounds with reviews and websites if available.

PK
We've used this site quite a bit. I even have a few posts of my own on the site. What I find funny is how there may be 10 reviews of a specific place. 9 of them may be 9's and 10's then there's that 1 person that rates a c'ground a 2. How does that compute? It's still difficult to judge weather or not I would like a place because opinions do vary. I do like the site though bucause most places have their web address. Have fun in Houston. Where are you off to after that?

christianson

We stay in a rv park east of Yuma AZ in town called Welton the rv park is Pioneer rv park its about 325 sites it is on the internet park is not to old trees are guit small no grass but has swimming pool reck hall alot of activities golf courses nearby large sites this will be our 4th year there we go after christmas and stay till 1st of April price this year is 235.00 plus electric about 40.00 but you have to rent for 4 months.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Ray
I know what you mean. I use a site for looking at Ham Radio evaluations and I find the same type of thing, some rate it high, the best since sliced bread, and then others rate it a zero. I read what people like and dislike and make my discission.
Rand

Ray LeTourneau

sgtbigb said:
;) Have your tried a resturant in Rockport called the Big Fisherman?
On Tuesdays? You bet. We don't go often though. I need to keep my cholesterol in line.:p I see you're in San Antonio. We spent a month there last year and found a little hole in the wall sandwich shop downtown that has great Chicago style hot dogs and Italian Beef. Being a Chicago native, that was like striking gold.

jimtoo

How did this thread get to food?? But its OK with me.

Have not tried the Big Fisherman, but the Boiling Pot in Rockport, TX is excellent if you like fish and shrimp and Cajun boils dumped on the table....mmmmmnnnn good. Some good ole down home food. Not the least bit fancy, I guess you have to cover the main places, but the dress is not important.

If your into nice and fancy, Hemingway's Bar and Grill in Rockport is the place. Really super excellent food and really high prices. The food is the kind you see pictures of being served. It's worth it once in a while to treat yourself.

Jim

Princess Kathleen

Place to eat in Fayetteville, AR is "Rue Orleans". this is real Louisiana cooking. The owner and chef is a friend of mine...Maudie Schmidt...we taught in the same school system...but she knows me by my old name....Linda King before I became a princess!!!!!

PK