2900MK One Year Latter

fndrbndr

2900MK One Year Later

We really like the Sundance 2900MK,but here are a few things that we have changed and or updated.

1. Changed tires and wheels to 16" to have the better tires for safety and our piece of mind.

2. Two new recliners for more comfort, and support. The ones that were in it new were not comfortable, more like just padded chairs.

Here are a few things that have broken or quit working.

1. Security camera, we are unable to see anything on the monitor, unless you get on a ladder and cup your hand over the camera??

2. Water heater will not work on gas.

3. Water pump has quit working.

4. Two of the drawers will not stay closed during travel. I have tried to adjust it.

5. Surround sound only works with DVD, not with the TV at all.

6. Bottom trim on shower door fell off.

We have been pleased with it over all, but most of the things that quit or broke have happened in the last month.

mystic

Hi,

We've had ours only a week, and I can agree with most of your comments. Wife really loves the van, but I keep finding little niggly things. Just a lack of care in workmanship, that seems to be the norm everywhere today.

Ours came with the 16" wheels, so Ok there.
Recliners are not as good as I first thought. I expect we will replace at least one quite soon.
2 drawers also came out on travel.
Bottom trim on shower is just about off already!
Some of the cupboard doors are very poorly aligned.

In Australia, with all the import costs, this 2900MK is in the high-end van catagory - cost AU$113,500 - so you sort of expect it to be perfect. It's pretty good really. Just lucky I'm handy and can sort out problems myself. Got a heap of tools in the basement to fix things as we go.

Peter

fishn2dmax

We too like out 2900MK after 5 months. We also have the 16" wheels option with the china bomb tires ( replaced immediately). So far just minor annoying stuff. My only remaining issue is our kitchen slide doesn't close tight on the bottom, leaving the wheel skirt flapping in the breeze by an inch. I fixed the closet pole that pulled out and the day/ night shade bracket that came out. Lost power to my slide and rear 110 Vac outlets; found bad wire crimps in two junction boxes. Other than these minor issues, it's a nice coach for the money.

FNDRBNDR,
I thought our DVD player wasn't working with the Aux TV sound input until I realized you must shut off the TV speakers, boost the adjustable TV line volume to high and sound will come out the DVD player. For some reason the Aux audio line input in the DVD player isn't the standard industry line input sensitivity, but it does work with higher audio input level.