New Heartland coaches

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
The new Heartland coaches that are on display at the 2013 Rally have way too much dark wood and trim in them. I am an older person and these very dark wood and trim makes it hard for me to read or any other activity in the coach. Because my eyes need more light tham younger people need. Dark wood and trim in a RV makes one feel very closed in. If I owned a large home with 2500 square feet dark wood and trim may work very well. Give us a choice of lighter wood and trim with the dark wood and trim. I than might become interst in looking at a new coach.

kkamshop

Amen!! I agree wholeheartedly - and have been saying that for at least 2 years now. Hopefully this trend will change and shift to lighter, beach-house colors/styles sometime soon.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Same here. We love the lighter cherry in our 2011. Don't think I could go with the dark Cherry in the new rigs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
we also have the light cherry and love it, but the new darker is just toooooo dark

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok, now the "other side"........we recently traded our 2011 Big Country 3250, with the cream colored antiqued/stressed look cabinets.....almost white. We loved the look! When we traded for the 2014 BC 3650RL with the Dark Finish, we weren't 100% sure we liked it, BUT loved the newly designed 3650 floor plan. Now that we've had it for several months, we LOVE the finish!!! As far as them making the interior feel "closed in", the BC has a LOAD of recessed, sconces and pendant lighting.....now we can "adjust" the ambience from "romantic" to "solar flare"!!!

Heartland has done their marketing research, and I don't believe their sales have dropped.

That being said, it ALL boils down to personal preference. Just wanted forum readers to hear from those of us on the "Dark Side".:rolleyes:

dewwood

I also prefer the lighter colors. I think offering an option of lighter colors would be beneficial.

kowAlski631

We prefer the darker finishes. We had seen lighter finishes, but the darker ones suit our sensibilities. With all the lighting fixtures, we've had no problem with "being in the dark".

bill40

I would not buy one unless it had the darker woods. I think the new BC's and BH look great. Just another view.

kkamshop

At lunch today, Coley Brady said there would be a lighter wood option by November 1st. Thanks Heartland!

ParkIt

It took me awhile to adjust to the antique look Iduguay described, our entire kitchen is that way but I do like it....having the entire unit that way would be too bright.
With the darker stain being used they have made up for it with lots of lights of various brightness, "ambient" lighting won't draw a lot of power but still keep things lit up. It does make the cabinet designs stand out, I'm a bit jealous of that part on the new units.

Theresau

We love it in our 2014 BC as well. And we love the up to date decor such as the soffit lights over the sofa area and over the bath cabinet and the pendant lights over the island and dinette table. Truly Heartland did a great job decorating these new BC's - they look very high end. And the accent wall behind the sofa around the picture window is great and we really love the wainscotting around the dinette table. Our BC is just beautiful inside and out. We had the 2010 BH and loved that as well at the time; however, there have been so many improvements made since.

We mixed light decor with the Bordeaux and then carried that forward with our own pics, rugs (and pillows much to my hub's chagrine). We really like it with the max vinyl especially with the BH pattern - just very rich looking.

We did not like the plank floor in the BC - felt it was too dull looking and didn't match the elegant Bordeaux cabinets. However, at the design center last Saturday they indicated that plank floors are "in" and that many greatly like it.

We are very thankful that Heartland allowed us to customize as much as they did...

Based on our visit to the design center, selecting decor options is a very serious event at Heartland....

Theresa

Same here...love the Bordeaux finish in our Landmark....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm a fan of the lighter interior as well. Even with our Oak cabinets, I like to open the blinds to let in some natural light.
With the new LED lighting available, it may brighten up the interior of the darker cabinetry without adding any heat. Add the dark countertops and it really gets dark in there.

It would be interesting to see a natural Maple finish interior.

I like dark beer though.;)

MikeR

We have a 2014 BC with the Bourdeaux finished cabinets. While we were waiting for our unit to be built and delivered, my wife was lamenting how she wasn't going to like the cabinets. The first time she stepped in, she felt that it gave the interior a very rich feeling. We both really like the finish. With all of the lighting (especially the leds) and the light colored counter tops we don't feel the inside is dark at all. Actually after traveling the last 15 years in coaches with oak cabinetry we were ready for a change.
'

dieselsweetheart

I didn't like the really dark cabinets but there was a medium type in the BH that was on display in Goshen. I'll be honest though, if I was able to get a unit with adequate counter space and cabinets I could probably overlook the color of the wood. It's all about priorities. I just wish they could put everything we want in one unit! Seems the wood is nice, and then no counter space...then the front living room is great, but losing underneath storage and has a small kitchen. I do like the BC model now more than the BHs. Might be considering going in that direction.

Theresau

Check out the BC 3251TS. Great deal of counterspace and cabinets. Very comfortable kitchen work area. Island does not have a sink so it is all counter and there is a great deal of counter next to the range.

The cabinets over the sink are wonderful and very residential.

We got the large refrigerator so we didn't get the pull out pantry; however, there is plenty of space in the cabiinet next to the microwave and in the island itself. I even created a bread set of shelves in the middle cabinet in the island (always wanted something like this...may make it a veggie space as well). I found a stand-alone shelving unit that has pull-out shelves on Amazon.

Cabinet at the end of the island is great for either a large waste basket or for misc. large items (using for a large store of paper towels :)). We have a separate waste basket that we place next to this area.

Theresa

I didn't like the really dark cabinets but there was a medium type in the BH that was on display in Goshen. I'll be honest though, if I was able to get a unit with adequate counter space and cabinets I could probably overlook the color of the wood. It's all about priorities. I just wish they could put everything we want in one unit! Seems the wood is nice, and then no counter space...then the front living room is great, but losing underneath storage and has a small kitchen. I do like the BC model now more than the BHs. Might be considering going in that direction.

brlr2000

I must admit that I'm partial to the darker woods. It just seems to have a more sophisticated, richer feel to it. Also, I hope they don't ever go back to those 'floral ' prints. Just my opinion.

Rob_Fla

We had Heartland on our finalist list but wound up with SOB, but we will be replacing our current 5er sometime in the future. After seeing the darker woods in many of the Heartland units at a recent show, it really turned us off.