They robbed our MPG took the DVD/RADIO

prin

we have a
2011RV typeTravel Trailer (bumper pull-type)RV manufacturerHeartlandRV model nameMPG 184

does anyone know the make of the DVD in our model they even took the info related to the player.
thankyou

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
we have a
2011RV typeTravel Trailer (bumper pull-type)RV manufacturerHeartlandRV model nameMPG 184

does anyone know the make of the DVD in our model they even took the info related to the player.
thankyou

You may have to wait until Monday but I would call Heartland customer service and see if they could help. You will need to have your Vin # ready when you call.

Good luck and sorry to hear of you problem.

ParkIt

That sucks! HL can give you the information on which brand and model it was and really hope the scum thieves didn't mess up the wiring as well.
Any chance anyone around your unit had a video security running? Not that it always works but worth a shot for local PD to stop them from doing it to other units/cars as well.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I was looking at various units on Craigslist. That could be a place to look. I hate to say it, but you might even find your stolen unit.....

prin

thanks they hit 6 rv's in this storage and no camera but thanks for thinking of it
Now find that they only took TV- swivel arm and cords--think I may be able to get things up and going myself--- Cop said they took DVD Hubby just checked NOPE just TV thank goodness- at least I do not have to try and find what would fill the space--now to the jimmied door- it still locks (yeah that really kept them out) so maybe the door trim can be replaced.

ParkIt

Sorry to derail a bit but most storage lots do not have security cameras outside or in working order. If anyone is thinking about storage lots, have them show you the exact camera angle, color or B&W, taped or just live feed and dpi. If there isn't one close by that has a working system it's always worth it to install your own, many will give you an alert with a live feed directly to your smart phone or tablet now.

As for your door, is the door straight and not slightly bent as well? Not quite sure about the "trim", if its the metal part and you don't want to spend money at a shop (though I'd check into that), you can try with a ball pein hammer and a block of 2x4. Just tap gently then put a level against it until its straight if that is what you are referring to.
Don't think I'd try that on the door though, if its bent contact Heart Land to see what a replacement would be so you have the right door.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
A member here on the forum stores at a high dollar, 5 star storage yard in Ca.
There was a similar incident there a while back and I believe it turned out to be one of the tenants.
Best of luck on getting it resolved. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ParkIt

It usually is another tenant, they can keep closer track of office hours, any security and activity. Sometimes a tenant is a lookout for someone - I'd read an article about a year back where break-in's on RV's and boats were way up, thieves know the newer units typically have the flat screen TV's and other electronics they can quickly unload.

While it's in good advertising for manufacturers to have video's and brochures on swing out 'hidden' safes, it also is a tutorial for criminals :rolleyes:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would not DIY any repairs. Call your insurance carrier and file a claim ASAP. When mine got broken into, my insurer took care of all repairs via my dealer. Only cost me the deductible.