Wheels on 3055

busted2341

I have a question regarding the wheels on my 06 3055. I have had to change a tire and found that no impact wrench socket, 4 way lug wrench or single lug wrench fit inside the lug hole. I had to find a single wheel lug wrench and file down the end to fit in the hole. This still presents a problem because it now is weakened and is force fit. I was wondering if anyone, maybe the factory, has found a specific lug socket that fits in the lug holes on the wheel. Had this happened on the road I would not have been able to remove the tire and any arriving tire service would not had had a tire tool that worked either. :confused:

busted2341

Just a regular impact socket?...I took 1 back to Sears because it just wouldn't fit. I will try SnapOn....I forgot about those guys....Thanx....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Is it safe to assume you have the series 06 wheels? I took my impact socket to the bench grinder and ground off enough for it to fit in the hole. I used water to help cool it. I used a short extension to hold it and rotated it against the front of the wheel. Took about 5 minutes.

busted2341

Yup been there. I guess I will be at the grinder again......Did that with the single lug wrench. Thanx for imput guys.....I wonder who thought about the lug holes when they designed those wheels....oh well they look good....:cool:

OK-- I guess I need a thin walled socket for the wheel lug nuts. Do you use a torque wrench or a std socket ratchet wrench:confused:

busted2341

Your gonna need a lug wrench or impact socket. I broke a regular socket. Impact wrenches are to much for regular sockets. Anyway be careful finding a thin wall socket. Just got back from returning another socket to pep boys. Thin wall but just won't fit. If u come up with one, please post and let us know where u found one to fit!!!